View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 04:35 AM
Lambourne
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: B777 Capt

Originally Posted by OscartheGrouch View Post

Luckily for us at Southwestern Trailways we have a work place environment that encourages cooperation among our employees. I have even served as a ramp agent with many of my fellow employees who are ops agents, station managers, and even a VP. While I am not saying other airlines have poor interpersonal relationships amongst their employee group, SWA encourages teamwork that I believe is second to none.
OTG,

The above is what I do admire about WN. You guys are for the most part able to get everyone tugging on the same end of the rope. We have too many people trying to tie the rope around the other employees neck. If we could achieve that culture things would certainly be more pleasant.

I am willing to give it a try here at UAL. But from the responses of the guys here that feel they were born with Silver Captains Bars attached it probably won't happen. Often see it in the concourse at UA. Guys will go out of their way to avoid eye contact. They get on their soapbox in ops and tend to alienate people around them as they expound on a tangent that is usually wrong or severely misguided. Just look at our dissension in our own MEC! If they are ticked at EXO then that is one thing. It is those that take out their frustrations on their co-workers that are the real mental midgets. Maybe we need to hire these guys hookers or get them boxer one size larger?

L