View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 06:23 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by ORflyingOR View Post
Thanks for the reply.

I am sure it is on the FBI background check since I was arrested. I guess I would have felt more comfortable disclosing an expunged event. I found it on a background check I ran on myself. As far as I can understand it this is a crime that is reduced to violation as a way to make the offender not actually be a convicted criminal.

The incident was talking back to a police officer drunk at a college football game. It is something that showed poor judgement but does not reflect where I am right now.

It was not an incident that I would worry about except for a few jobs like an airline pilot, police officer etc.
Assuming this is a misdemeanor, it will not hinder you in the long run but you will need to keep a 100% clean record (not even a speeding ticket). Getting it expunged may very well be helpful in the eyes of some airlines. That way it's harder for the media and lawyers to get the info if there's an incident.

But if you want to do this, you need to drive the speed limit (+5) until you get hired at a regional. Seriously. Almost everybody gets an occasional ticket, but if you get two that will start to look like a pattern combined with the other thing.