View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 05:17 PM
OscartheGrouch
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: B737/Capt

Originally Posted by LeeFXDWG View Post
L

Definitely not one sided. As I said an earlier post, personalities always play into these things.

This Capt may very well be all you say. I don't know. Yeah, I'd love to read the indictment. It is one of those situations that unless you where there, you really have no idea of what really went on.

I just lean towards the innocent until proven guilty stance.

Having said that, we've all met bad Capt's and CSRs.

For instance, we used to have a CSR renowned for not putting SA's on board last minute in ORD. Too much work for this particular CSR. Capt I was flying with tried to emphasize how important it was to ensure our fellow employees got on board given the standby list and the fact seats showed open in Unimatic when we checked in.

I think it was 5 minutes prior to push, CSR came down to ask to close the door. Capt asked how many open seats, CSR said 10 or so. Capt asked about SAs. CSR replied no time. Capt reached up as the CSR turned away, turned off FAC 1, ECAM ding. Capt said oops MX problem, now you have time. I'm going to the jetbridge to call SAMC. Load the SAs and I'll let you know when we're ready to go. We pushed 5 late....that would still be DOT on time. BTW, we were 15 under flight time due to winds to begin with and got in early.....

Now, those are the mentors I liked at UAL. Capt didn't get into a ****ing contest with the CSR. Just controlled the situation.

BTW, thought the CSR was going to stroke out as the Capt walked past him to the jetbridge phone........priceless!

Lee
Lee,

Your Captain is now my hero! Great post.

The Oscar