Thread: Alaska Scope
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 04:55 PM
sparerib11
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: on the street

Originally Posted by Green Banana View Post
I wish I had your confidence. Here at AS, nobody seems to care that SW is flying eskimos. Ironically, it is ex-sky west guys that seem to be sounding the alarm loudest.
I completely agree. The majority of my AS friends seem to have focused on the shiny diversion of Ipads and the prospect of some 900ERs & additional 800 deliveries(which could be easily offset by parking 400s & disposing of 700s quicker).

Originally Posted by Thrill View Post
The dynamic here (AS) will change going forward as the "I got mine so screw you" types finally retire and are replaced by the remainder of our furloughed folks (with looooong memories) and newhires who will all have felt the effects of stagnation at their previous carriers.
I hope so too.

The OO CPA has been masterfully sold as harmless: 5 airplanes doing some routes we couldn't stay in otherwise as we achieve single fleet efficiency at AS & QX. My prediction: once the OO CPA has a few months of good operational #s, the deal will be expanded to say 10 CR700s and maybe 5 CR900s. A year later, it'll be 10 CR700s and 10 CR900s and maybe even a few 100 seaters. It'll grow from there as AS gets out of the 737-700. And so on and so on.

I hate to be so pessimistic but the writing is on the wall and it is time for AS pilots to realize what the Air Group is about to do to them... not that it can be stopped.