View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 06:04 PM
shiznit
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009
Position: right for a long, long time

Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
Unbelievably silly attempt at deflecting the point. Read the previous two posts.

The company did allow DPA on the propery, but they provided anything but encouragement. Delta management tried to stop this in every way they could when DPA first notified Delta of their intention to come to the lounge. Legal action had to be threatened by DPA to get Delta management to back down and allow free speech and free association.

If you had actually read the PWA excerpt that you posted, you would have clearly seen the answer to your question. DPA was not acting in any way as the bargaining agent for Delta pilots. NOT IN ANY WAY. They were there to ask for the votes to someday become the bargaining agent for Delta pilots. Your mistake was not posting that portion of the PWA that prohibits any entity from being on Delta property for the purpose of trying to become the new bargaining agent for Delta pilots. When you find that paragraph of the PWA, be sure to post it. ***(Its impossible to prove a negative, your argument is invalid.)

Not even close. But then again, if it was close, ALPA would have to grieve it in order to defend the language in Section 1. And we know good ALPA is at that!

ALPA can oversee whatever they want. They can even intimidate by photographing and allying with management to block free speech and free association. But when they actually succeed at it, ALPA and management runs the risk of a lawsuit that they would lose. That's why ATL management backed down.

Carl
Check your post. You gave PG credit for my comments.....not cool. He is a way bigger kool-aid drinker than I can ever be considered to be!

Too much emotion Mr. Assistant greenskeeper, bolded some of it. You do make good points regardless, I'm not sure we defend our Section 1 well(or actually I think we/(you) didn't compose and protect the Section 1 very well to start.....and that goes for BOTH DLN and DLS ratification of past contracts.)

Carl, you have to take a deep breath and recognize that many ALPA reps, volunteers and supporters have many of the same problems and issues with ALPA that you do....Its is just a matter of how to solve them that the difference occurs.

1. Do you believe that the pilots of Delta Air Lines are better off if we all work together to a common goal of improvement of our PWA?

2. If yes, will you put your energy to work within DALPA if the DPA drive fails, since that will be the best way to improve our PWA?
(Not necessarily volunteer or run for office, but respond to SPC events, co-sponor, or submit resolutions that will improve how DALPA operates.)