View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 04:09 AM
PurpleCRJ
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2009

Originally Posted by Skyone View Post
Hey, you're back. Great, but just don't seem to be interested in any meaningful discussion to help us all understand your "truth". Remember one's perception is one's reality. Just drop a few quips and then run away. I'm sure I could find some similar quotes researching Bartlett's. Of course it does say a little something about a wannabe intellectual by quoting an atheist and critic of the Second World War.

Identifying someone as an atheist should not discredit them. Acting as if it should only discredits you.

To Fish and Co.,

Regarding pilots accepting lower pay and thus lowering the bar, what is the solution? Is it that every non-legacy employed pilot should "stand firm" and work a job in another industry until non-legacy airlines learn their lesson and raise pay? Or, if not another industry, flight instruct or fly piston jobs?

Doesn't that sound almost, dare I say, "absurdly hypothetical?"

OK, so we want to try this experiment. How will we organize our legacy-or-higher pay strike? Can ALPA lead us?

Is it possible that the government could recognize the "nightmare" and put some regulation to work?

Or perhaps I should just start the trend myself and quit my RJ job. Wait, do the legacy carriers want me to be current to hire me? And how was I supposed to get that 1000 PIC Turbine time to begin with? Everybody goes to the Air Force? Well, not on Mencken's watch.

I've got 5+ years and 4500 hours on a CRJ, and I made $39,000 in 2010. I've got 70K in student loans (flight school + B.A.). I'm sure that sounds familiar to many of you. I'm stuck at this embarassing regional. Are you telling me not to take a job with Virgin America? I should wait until Delta calls or United starts hiring and compete with 20,000 pilots? Will I even be employed by that time?

Now this isn't to say that every single legacy pilot hasn't paid their dues too, but if my options include VX or regional, then what would you have me do?

If you want to blame your kids generation for lowering your wages, then I think you might want to consider the predicament that your generation put us in. I didn't vote for Reagan; I was too worried about where to get my next set of pampers.