Old 04-21-2011, 10:53 AM
robthree
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: 777, sofa

Originally Posted by bcrosier View Post
No, because I'm not a loon.

Actually, my kids would think playing in the overhead bin would be a hoot. Certainly no one would want to be locked in it for an extended period of time, but we're talking about a few seconds here, not minutes.

One of my best pals stuck HIS toddler in the overhead bin. Funniest snapshot ever.

The point I'm confused about is where the mother and father were when the FA picked up the toddler and put him in the overhead. And how they could allow the FA to close the overhead. And how they could not open the overhead for those 10 long seconds.

At some point a toddler will start thinking being put in a closed space is not funny. And it may well be in under 10 seconds. But being traumatized by getting stuck in an overhead for a few seconds is not a plausible outcome. Firing the FA seems to be unwarranted. Obviously the company scapegoated him in the vain hope that it would appease the whack job mother.

The company, and the FA owe her nothing more than an apology for playing with her kid and trying to make his flight a little more pleasant. And assurances that next time you fly the crew will be sure to be surly and tell you to stay in your seat with your belt fastened from the time you board until the door is opened at the destination.