View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 04:53 PM
ewrbasedpilot
HOSED BY PBS AGAIN

Joined APC: Mar 2005

Originally Posted by Ottopilot View Post
Oil is up so I'll take another paycut to pay for it. No problem, I'm over-paid. Even with two displacements, I still make plenty of money under POS '02.

I could care less what oil cost or anything costs. I COST! Pay me what a professional pilot deserves. I voted "no" on my last three contracts and I expect this next one to be a "no". Let's no blow it this time.
Otto.......as I'm sure you're aware, as fuel has gone up and up, demand destruction is starting to take place (ie., people are reducing their driving and not fueling up as much). The airlines are being taken to the cleaners by the oil speculators, and they couldn't give a damn how bad we hurt or how many jobs it costs us. They are making money hands over fist, and we are the casualties of it. We cannot keep raising ticket prices every day due to high oil, as demand destruction hits us very quickly. Without paying passengers, you and I will NEVER get what we deserve. You'd better start caring about what things cost, or you'll be taking MORE cuts soon. I expect they'll start parking planes if it goes much higher.............. I feel the same as you do. I'm sick and tired of moving backwards in this career and watching management make (take) ALL the money..............but it seems to be a standard mode of operation in this industry and won't be changed any time soon. Pathetic in my book.