Thread: Penair News
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 09:14 AM
reycym
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: Aircraft w/ wings

Originally Posted by sparerib11 View Post
I don't think QX coming to ANC would affect PenAir as much as it would affect Era/Frontier. PenAir & AS have had a decent relationship for many years & I don't think AS would want to disrupt that... and I doubt they'd fly the Q400 to DUT but who knows. The ANC-FAI route is a different story.

It all depends on where they decide to fly the Q, but I don't think it'll be major in PenAir's core markets, aside from Bristol Bay in the summer maybe.
From what I've heard they can't operate the Q into dutch with anything more than 38 seats.... and can't use CDB as an alternate. And most conversations with alaska and horizon crews seem to say the same thing: they're mostly doing SE AK and going after Era for competing with them in their codeshare markets. It'll be interesting to see either way.

Also, given Horizon's conservative operating procedures, I find it hard to see them making it in to many places, especially with their wind limits. And given how often the wx in SW AK exceeds those limits, I think it'd be a loss for them. Just my opinion there.