View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 04:31 PM
stbloc
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by stbloc View Post
I don't think 1500 rule will hold. Majors haven't even announce hiring and regional are starting to run thin on applicants. What will happen when majors start pulling pilots from the regional level? Delta will be on a steady pace of 500 new hires a year going forward along with US Air and others. At the pace of the major's projected numbers I feel you will see a shortage at the regional level. No way 1500 will hold up. If you think this spring was crazy you haven't see nothing yet.
My other reason why I think 1500 will not hold is because these chat boards are dead these days. I remember back in 07-08 you would easily have a full page of new reply's to threads in the forum every day. This lack of activity tells me most pilots are on with airlines and not interested in blogging and new recruits are not learning to fly and joining chat boards. I know this sounds a bit off the wall but if you really analyze these number of new threads and reply's it tells part of the story of the looming shortage.