View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 04:40 PM
johnpeace
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: ASA FO

I'll tell you right now, there's only 3 things in the ASA CBA concerning the above that are better than the XJT CBA. But I don't think a single XJT pilot would be willing to give up ANYTHING for those 3.

Unless the XJT CBA at a MINIMUM stays intact work rules wise, but with pay raises, it's a concession, PERIOD.
I get that. I've looked at the portions of the Xjet contract that are analogous to the ASA contract that most concern me (scheduling, compensation, reserve). It's (even in it's present state) a better contract.

I just don't see how it's possible, in 2012, to negotiate a contract as good as the one you could get pre-bankruptcy in 2004.

That's not a realistic goal...it's a different world.

And that doesn't even speak to how different the flying we do (for DAL) is compared to your relationship with Continental.

I don't blame you for wanting what you want...hey, go for it. I just don't think it's reasonable in this climate and will be ****ed if your holding out for it keeps ME from getting a contract and moving forward.

Like I said, the deal we get handed to us from mediation is going to be worse than what you refuse to settle for. It always is.