View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 05:06 PM
dojetdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: DD->DH->RU/XE soon to be EV

Originally Posted by johnpeace View Post
I just don't see how it's possible, in 2012, to negotiate a contract as good as the one you could get pre-bankruptcy in 2004.
The XJT contract now is better than 04 as far as workrules go. There have been numerous LOA's/MOU's that have made it better. The ONLY thing worse is the pay.

That's not a realistic goal...it's a different world.

And that doesn't even speak to how different the flying we do (for DAL) is compared to your relationship with Continental.
Tell me how different it is? The 2008 CPA that CAL (with Jerry's help) squeezed XJT into is cost neutral. Is ASA's current deal with DAL cost neutral, or is there a profit?

I don't blame you for wanting what you want...hey, go for it. I just don't think it's reasonable in this climate and will be ****ed if your holding out for it keeps ME from getting a contract and moving forward.

Like I said, the deal we get handed to us from mediation is going to be worse than what you refuse to settle for. It always is.
What makes you think there is going to mediation anyways?

On a personal note, I've been through FOUR pay concessions, and in EVERY case it didn't make a damn bit of difference. Management seemed to screw it up every time. How many you been through where you can speak from experience that a concession is going to help you?