View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 07:27 AM
newarkblows
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: e190

I dont think this will go to arbitration. If the MEC's pass the TA on to the pilot group for a vote the ASA pilots and a small group of xjt pilots could very easily ram this thing down our throats. If they give us a TA that is similar or slightly under what xjt has now i am betting most ASA guys would see it as as a yes vote and it would only take a small portion of the xjt pilot group (even though we are bigger) to pass it. Which is why I dont think our MEC is sending anything to the pilots until it improves on our current contract.

The scare tactics of "we need to this to remain competitive" are incredibly tired. Considering the amount of waste that goes on at all levels of the company (most notably scheduling) is a much larger waste of resources. Giving pilots an extra $1 or $2 an hour with a half respectable retirement account is not going to be the difference between insolvency and profitability. a reduction in the millions of dollars in bonuses and stock they give to upper level management can quickly fill in any hole created by a new contract.

By merging the companies they have said they are gaining 30-40 million a year in savings which doesn't include the bulk discounts on spare parts. If they want us to have PBS they are making the pilot group more efficient which saves them money while drastically reducing our QOL. They cannot cry poor!

Scare tactics and boo hoo sob stories about people wanting a fast upgrade or more airplanes is exactly what management wants. They have the money!