Thread: Any "Latest & Greatest" about Delta?

acl65pilot , 04-29-2011 04:36 AM
Happy to be here
acl65pilot
Happy to be here
close
  • Joined APC
    Jun 2006
  • Position
    A-320A
Quote: IMO, they've "thugged" it out as much as they are going to be able. That's the reason you are seeing the "new" RJs. Just a guess.
That is my guess too. They are also short term six year CPA's. All of the ones that have been announced since the CPS divestiture has been six year terms. No longer are they 10-20 year terms. DAL is telling us exactly when this type of jet will be leaving the fleet, and 2021 or so is the latest any of these CPA's run. Looking at the layering of these contracts, you see them layering these RJ's leaving as a new jet would be arriving. Draw your own conclusions, and keep your demands firm on scope, but look at the corporate side too. Sunsetting them is easy with this evidence, and should cost very little.

Also reread Ronnie's comments, they speak the truth of a lot of this group, that the forum poster do not want to see.

I want to wager on how many slots LCC and DAL had to divest. I am guessing five in LGA and five in DCA. Anyone think that there are airplanes involved as well?