Thread: Commutair
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 06:43 AM
Crawl
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Errplanes

Originally Posted by Steel Tiger View Post
Its simple. Just think about anything that would make your QOL life better as a pilot. Well at Commut Air every month they find new ways to destroy those idea, and take away any remaining QOL. Followed by worst pay in the industry. Need I say more?
While I agree that the pay and QOL are pretty bad, I can't say that any of the other regionals are a whole lot better. At least at CommutAir you have the possibility of getting off reserve and holding a line pretty quick, especially in CLE. Not to mention the possibility of upgrading in a fraction of the time as the other regionals with over 3,000 pilots. In four months I've moved almost halfway up the FO side of the seniority list.

Currently negotiating our first contract, which may or may not significantly improve many of the sub-standard issues like pay, scheduling, benefits, etc. to at least semi-industry-standard status - in hopefully the not too distant future (within a year?).

It's a gamble, but there is potential for more growth, as the owner is continually looking to acquire more Q300's and expand the fleet. Along with that is the increased interest of mainline to utilize more turboprops, due to their fuel efficiency with the rising cost of oil. Does that mean they will push out the other regionals with 50 seat RJ's? Who knows. It's a crazy world, pick your poison!