View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 09:11 AM
HercDriver130
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 744 CA

Have to disagree Sky... how many interviews have you been on in the past year.... I have quite a few... hell three in just the past month. One was a 747 ACMI Operator, the other a DC-9 on demand cargo operator and the other a Fractional operator. TWO things stuck out, ONE -- all three seemed very concerned that you were VERY aware of the type of flying they did, the schedules they fly, how much time you would be away from home, NONE of them sugar coated what it was like to fly for their company, and TWO -- The seemed to want to gauge if you would fit it with the type of people and culture already in place at their company. Automotons.... not at these places... they want team players, guys who will get along with a crew for extended time on the road, somebody willing to give and take. All three also seemed to put some importance on decision making... and I don't mean the "capt shows up drunk what are you going to do" type questions... more "real world" stuff... putting you in a situation, and evaluating what you would do and how you would do it, continue to destination.....return to point of departure... Not blindly making decisions, but CA's who will use all the resources at their disposal and then make a decision, AND be able to explain why you did what you did. I found the technical portion of all three interviews along with their sim evals to really to get a glimpse of those things. The ACP at one of these places stated "we wouldnt have brought you in if we didnt think you were qualified" so I am not going to insult you with stupid test type questions. At at least two of the three its my personal opinion that ability to adapt to changing situations and to fit in with the company culture was of most importance to them.

oh... and Sky... and really don't think there is a good job out there for you... your expectations (at least in the beginning) are out of line with reality. I mean... in your world you want to make $150k a year to start, work 10 days a month, and only have to fly out and backs!...If I am wrong Sky... tell me exactly what kind of job you want.... and since you have made such a big deal of the past few years about time away from home, please detail that part of your requirement.