Thread: Trans States
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 09:09 PM
B200 Hawk
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011

Originally Posted by BYUFlyr View Post
I just don't understand why anyone would want to go to TSA when Eagle, Expressjet, and Skywest are all hiring. I guess if you got turned down at all three or if you have like 15 busted checkrides, then there wouldn't be a whole lot of options. If you live in the STL area, then I would also understand... but those are the only exceptions I can come up with for coming to this place. I guess there are worse places you could be... but there are much better places hiring right now! Currently there is no end in sight for getting a new contract. No contract means no job security, no growth... not much of a future. BTW, if you fall into the 15-failed checkrides category chances are you probably won't make it through initial training (notorious for high washout rates) and you'll wind up with more stains on your record. Back in 2007, the carrot at the end of the stick was the quick upgrades... now there's no carrot, just a stick to beat you with.

If you're set on going to Trans States... then good luck, but make sure you understand that there are other more attractive options. Having said that, I don't think you'll fly with a finer group of pilots if you do come over to this side of the tracks.
Yea, STL base is big for me, especially living on the current regional pay scale.