Thread: Job dilemma
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 12:15 PM
IdahoFlyer
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2010
Default Job dilemma

Hey everybody, I'm curious what you think.
I've been working for my current employer for 8 months and have been enjoying my job and schedule, but recent upgrade issues have come I to play. I was hired as a low time, project pilot (2800 TT, 400 multi, 325 multi turbine) to fly Cheyenne 2's and 3's part 135. We also operate 2 PC-12's, a Citation Excel and a Citation V. I was hired on the stipulation when I get to 500 multi I get a raise and become eligible for upgrades. In my second month with the company I experienced a catastrophic engine failure in the company's 210 on a 135 flight with 3 pax, and made a successful off-airport landing with no injuries or damage. After paperwork was filed and a phone interview with the FAA it was ruled as neither and accident nor and incident. Since then my DO has been treating me with less and less respect and 2 pilots have been hired into the Cheyennes who now hold seniority over me. I have been assured that my job is not in jeopardy, but I am flying less and less (one trip last week, none this week). I am concerned that my DO is no longer considering me for upgrades, and I'm thinking that it might be time to move on.
What do you think? Should I stick it out and see what happens or should I look elsewhere? What opportunities are there for a guy with my time other than freight (been there, done that)?
Thanks for your input.