Thread: Job dilemma
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 03:51 PM
SenecaII
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2011
Position: Piper passenger

Originally Posted by IdahoFlyer View Post
Jetprop, I know I was hired out of desperation as I was told repeatedly by the DO that I was undequalified, but I was the only one available. With that in mind I wanted to be certain that I could show him that I am an asset to the company. The company repeatedly recieves complimentary emails regarding my piloting services which are forwarded to me, and I am the most often tipped pilot. I just assumed that even though I was hired in a pinch that my demonstrated value to the company would change how the DO sees me.
I'm not the type to do a job poorly just because some has low expectations for me, so I'll just keep doing my job the best I can and keep my eyes out for something else.
Sometimes you are just worrying about something you are powerless to fix. Sometimes people just dont like us, but as long as you continue to hold youself to a higher standard you will do alright. I would say with your hours you can find something else if you look hard enough, but it might require a change of scenery. Good luck