View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 08:04 PM
121dj
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010

Originally Posted by stbloc View Post
I don't get why some post say that can't get interview with times over 1000 then a post comes out saying 650/50. Then you read Eagle is down to less then 100 resumes(hard to believe). Whats going on here? Are they desperate or is this just chat board hype?
Because even in this industry, common sense easily flies right out the window and politics reigns. I interviewed with eagle last year for about 8 solid hours one day. Started with 7 applicants. By the end of a long day of sims, evals, tests, interviews, I was the last one left. 3 were offered positions including me. The entire interview team approached me, shook my hand and gleamed with excitement for me to accept the job. I accepted and was told I could expect a confirmation phone call or email soon. 3 weeks later I received certified mail saying, " we apologize but you have not successfully completed the pilot selection process". Ok, what? It was only until an old friend, 12-year 121 veteran told me about the "captain's review board" and the willy-nilly method of app selection used for final selection. Its equal to eeny-meeny miney-mo totally random selection.
Now they're down to 100 resumes? If they want to blow off tons of great applicants due to politics or what ever, then it serves them right.