Gets Weekends Off
kronan
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Nov 2005
  • Position
    757 Capt
Quote: Legal or not, it's still not the smartest thing to do. I had a jumpseater on my LAX to MEM evening flight and he stayed up the whole time, then hub turned to an AM out and back. He was dog meat at 11am and was certainly in no shape to fly.

Since you know he was dog meat at 11am, have to wonder why you chose to J/S on that AM out and back? Or are you just projecting your performance on that particular pilot.

The only thing we all have in common is that we are all unique. Different people need different amounts of rest. Some people have adjusted their life's to being a night owl, while others are the early birds always up at 4 or 5 am.

I can very easily surmise that a particular individuals normal 16-18 hour day overlaps that evening J/S and AM out and back.

While jumping in for an AM out and back wouldn't work for me, I do know folks who do just that. One Capt I know has been doing so for an extended period of time and just manages his life to accomodate his work schedule....with no discernable fatigue impacts so far as I can determine.

Our contract does allow for CRS or the DO to remove folks for "projected" FAR impacts (See Sub section). So, if the company wants to remove me because the sort is projected to be wicked late, no heart burn from me. Just drop me into SUB and pay protect me. Removing me without pay because "O" would be too fatigued to operate under similar circumstances, big problem