View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 11:33 AM
higney85
Property of Scheduling

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Bus driver

The list would only involve specific pilots in the beginning on a DOH scenario. In % or stat/class it's determining a ratio and number order and populated from current lists. In no case can a pilot move up or down from their current list. So a jet CA at 9E may have an FO senior to him, in the end that Fo would still be above. Relative would be straight percentages across the board (in a ratio representative of size of groups). In stat/cat it's a numbering of positions and populated from the lists. It wouldn't matter what your "current" position is, it would be the numbering of allocated positions. In the end nobody will be in a "bump/flush" so you keep your current seat although your seniority in that seat may move up or down.

I just want to see the list. The biggest area of possible movement is for those who were 2-3 year guys. I'm above that so a DOH actually benefits me (hurts the senior and junior coworkers at 9E), relative could hurt by numbers (and bring up the biggest disgruntlement over a lower longevity guy doing a leapfrog), and the 9E proposal keeps me about the same as far as bidding power and seat/equip from what I'm seeing in my rough calculations. I'm not worried- because I can't control it! What I'm really wondering is if the list will be "up to date" or just up to the negotiated dates. As in- when it comes out will it be the equivalent of "live". I guess we will all know Monday unless I get picked up tomorrow.