View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 07:22 PM
MatchPoint
Rollin'

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: AA Airbus

Originally Posted by 01WJ View Post
Sorry Rick maybe I'm too much of a pessimist but I'm about a week or two away from 5th year pay and still have about 100 people in front of me for emb captain. Realistically I think I'm going to be on 6th and a half year pay before I see an opportunity to be an emb captain and God knows what for the jet.
Last EMB CA awarded was a 12/06 hire, that's only 4.5 years with the company. If you're a week or two away from 5th year pay that doesn't mean you've been here 5 years. Mid 07 hire? Congrats on 4 years at SKW. If SKW continues upgrading EMB CAs I'd expect your number to be called within the first 2 quarters of next year. Plus you have to weed out those in front of you who want upgrades into unobtainable domiciles (SBP, etc) for their seniority. You'll probably find you're a lot closer than you think if you're willing to do some time in Fresneckastan.

Anyone hired today will more than likely see approximately 3 years for EMB CA and 4 for RJ CA. The next 3 years will not resemble the last three; yes there won't be much growth but in about 2-3 years the attrition rate at the regionals will be unlike anything they've ever seen before.

Last edited by MatchPoint; 05-22-2011 at 07:51 PM.