View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 07:52 AM
johnso29

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767

Originally Posted by SoCalGuy View Post
Besides picking up the phone to inform scheduling that you are 'unfit to fly', how does DAL's sick time/bank work??

There have been some rumors floating about within the new UAL that we 'may' see a sick-bank similar to that of DAL by way of our future JCBA. Speaking solely as a CAL pilot, we presently accrue sick-time to be banked on a monthly basis (5.0 hrs). There are those who never call in sick have "several 100's" banked and counting since there is no 'use it, or loose it' clause. I believe the sick bank cap for us is something crazy like 1300 hrs.

Some have said that DAL's system is a "use it, or loose it" system. If true, is that bank 'given' on an annual, or quarterly basis?? Does everyone get the same bank, or different depending on seniority?? Any other highlights, or pros/cons??

If anyone can give the 'quick and dirty' on how, and what numbers on used on the system, it would be greatly appreciated.
Annual deposit based on longevity. It is use it or lose it. I think the min deposit is 85 hours for a 1st year guy & 240 hours for a top guy. I'm sure someone will give better detail on that, but I don't think it takes more then 7 years to hit the 240 hour deposit.

You can use 300 hours of sick time in a rolling 3 yr period for 100% pay. If you exceed that it drops to 75%, but our Delta Pilot Mutual Aid makes up the difference.

I think you'll get a better detailed response soon. I'm not certain I have the details correct, & my contracts not in front of me. Sorry.