View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 05:42 AM
somertime32
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: I can fly.....I'm a pilot

Originally Posted by PBSG View Post
That sucks for them, however I am NOT A F(CKING RAMPER!!!! I am a very intregal part of this company. I didn't take a week long course on how to stack bags in a bin. It took years and a lot of time, effort and money to do what I do!

And no I'm not a hat wearer or an egomaniac who needs to be called Captain by everyone. I'm just sick of seeing and hearing people diminish the pilot group as "just another work group". We are the engine that runs this airline, not some schmuck who filled out an application at the airport. Get some damn pride and sack up!!
So people who work around airplanes but don't fly them are "schmucks"??? nice attitude..... Both our companies would probably be better off if we had our own rampers but that has gone to the cheapest bidder with the exception of hubs. As far as being integral....look at SW....Quality rampers= ability to turn aircraft fast. I am amazed at the way some pilots treat people who work around the plane, it disgusts me. Sure there are slackers but there are in every job and every seat, that doesn't mean they are "schmucks". 5+ years ramp work for 2 large airlines so I have been on the end of "oh.....you're just a ramper"

Last edited by somertime32; 05-26-2011 at 09:15 AM.