View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 08:11 AM
hendefea
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Originally Posted by coopervane View Post
Well, mission accomplished with PBS........for Mgt

The WORST schedule I EVER had with line bidding was crappy 4 days over the weekend.

Now, I have 2 five days, a three day and a SIX DAY!! Before anyone chimes in that we don't have five or six day trips, your right. Two days were tacked on before my three and four day trips. Some of the 3 days are blocked at a whopping 8 hours. LOTS of sitting around in hotels, away from home.

The union and pilot group are so drunk with koolade they just say "you should learn how to bid" Well, there are a lot of us with these 5 and 6 day trips on our schedule.

Net result is that I have 4 less days off than i would under line bidding

Congratulations to Brad Holt, he played our pilot group like a fiddle. The senior guys get what they want, and many guys on reserve get a line, so they are awesome PBS salespeople. The reserve guys are like dogs beaten for a couple of years. They are soooooo happy to get a bone it's like winning the lottery.

Us in the middle not so much.

Mgt WILL turn the screws much worse on PBS once it is voted in on property. Vote NO!!!!
I am sure you are not happy with your schedule. BUT you can not speak for everyone. I (and alot of FO's i know) have BETTER schedules now than with line bidding. I am around 50% on the -200 (FO). I have straight 4 days...weekends off...14 days off..and 92 hours of credit. I agree with you though...there seems to be too many loopholes in the system. We def need to clean those up on the next contract. And its been said before....i believe alot of the problems have to do with the pairing construction. PBS has nothing to do with pairings and the variety of them that are created.

Just my two cents. There are two sides to every coin....