Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-20-2017, 05:46 PM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
N1sync's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: jets
Posts: 195
Default Upgrade/contract ‘hypothetical’

Let’s say ‘hypothetically’ that someone upgrades to IND from the Md-80, that someone happens to have failed MD-80 upgrade less than a year ago and subject to the contract went back to the right seat of the MD-80. Shouldn’t that ‘hypothetical’ person have started a new 2-year lock to the -80 as soon as they showed up to upgrade Training last year and not be allowed an airbus upgrade yet pursuant to 12.G.1 of the CBA?

A Pilot who Bids and is awarded a Position requiring a change in equipment or an Upgrade in Status, will be “locked-in” that equipment for a period of twenty-four (24) months. The twenty-four (24) month period will begin at the date on which the Pilot commences Training in his new equipment. Being “locked-in” to equipment does not preclude a Pilot’s Upgrading or changing domiciles in that same equipment.

If I were the ‘hypothetical’ pilot who was ‘hypothetically’ blocked from upgrading to IND because of this ‘hypothetical’ SNAFU, then I might go speak to flight ops about getting it corrected.

Also, if I were a ‘hypothetical’ passenger on the ‘hypothetically’ failed pilots ‘hypothetical’ flight I might consider other means of travel.

If you want to know more about this ‘hypothetical’ tragedy, you could probably ask someone from the airline formerly known as pinnacle.
N1sync is offline  
Old 09-21-2017, 07:18 AM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2016
Position: AB
Posts: 288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1sync View Post
Let’s say ‘hypothetically’ that someone upgrades to IND from the Md-80, that someone happens to have failed MD-80 upgrade less than a year ago and subject to the contract went back to the right seat of the MD-80. Shouldn’t that ‘hypothetical’ person have started a new 2-year lock to the -80 as soon as they showed up to upgrade Training last year and not be allowed an airbus upgrade yet pursuant to 12.G.1 of the CBA?

A Pilot who Bids and is awarded a Position requiring a change in equipment or an Upgrade in Status, will be “locked-in” that equipment for a period of twenty-four (24) months. The twenty-four (24) month period will begin at the date on which the Pilot commences Training in his new equipment. Being “locked-in” to equipment does not preclude a Pilot’s Upgrading or changing domiciles in that same equipment.

If I were the ‘hypothetical’ pilot who was ‘hypothetically’ blocked from upgrading to IND because of this ‘hypothetical’ SNAFU, then I might go speak to flight ops about getting it corrected.

Also, if I were a ‘hypothetical’ passenger on the ‘hypothetically’ failed pilots ‘hypothetical’ flight I might consider other means of travel.

If you want to know more about this ‘hypothetical’ tragedy, you could probably ask someone from the airline formerly known as pinnacle.
Wrong forum for your hypothetical question. I know who you’re speaking of. Call your CP or union rep if you feel there’s an issue.
JustWatching is offline  
Old 09-21-2017, 08:02 AM   #3  
Banned
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 733
Default

Totally inappropriate for an open forum. It speaks volumes that you don't have the balls to ask this on the fb page with your name next to it.

As said above, if you feel you've been wronged, contact a union rep and your CP.

I award you no points, but I'll call you a whaaaaambulance if you can't get rid of the butthurt.

PS, I am not on the 80 and didn't bid IND.
ecam is offline  
Old 09-21-2017, 08:48 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
N1sync's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: jets
Posts: 195
Default

It’s a hypothetical dude! Chill the eff out! There’s no names. I haven’t been wronged but I think those that have need to know that it may have occurred and check the contract.
N1sync is offline  
Old 09-21-2017, 09:49 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
N1sync's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2016
Position: jets
Posts: 195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustWatching View Post
Wrong forum for your hypothetical question. I know who you’re speaking of. Call your CP or union rep if you feel there’s an issue.
It doesn’t affect me but if guys that it does affect don’t know about it who will fix it? Not everyone is on Facebook.
N1sync is offline  
Old 09-21-2017, 10:15 AM   #6  
Banned
 
Joined APC: May 2017
Posts: 733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1sync View Post
It’s a hypothetical dude! Chill the eff out! There’s no names. I haven’t been wronged but I think those that have need to know that it may have occurred and check the contract.
If it's "hypothetical" then no one has been wronged. So did they eff up the bid or not? If you think so, you should still inform the union so they can investigate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1sync View Post
It doesn’t affect me but if guys that it does affect don’t know about it who will fix it? Not everyone is on Facebook.
There's 500+ pilots on g4 Facebook. Seems like 5-10 here. So...
ecam is offline  
Old 09-22-2017, 07:22 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2016
Position: AB
Posts: 288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N1sync View Post
It doesn’t affect me but if guys that it does affect don’t know about it who will fix it? Not everyone is on Facebook.

If I, one of 5 people who frequent this site know who and what you’re alluding to, just about anyone who reads the award will too. We’re still a small company with a bunch of yentas.
JustWatching is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:39 AM.