Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2021, 05:45 AM   #11  
Line Holder
 
Grease's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2018
Posts: 52
Default

Can we not get too crazy with the extra sub forums? Itís gonna get harder to find topics if we have too many of these. Should we also group wholly owned regionals with the parent major company, or should they stay in the regional section?
Grease is offline  
Old 03-14-2021, 06:37 AM   #12  
Gets Mon-Sun Off
 
TransWorld's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Up Front
Posts: 3,226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease View Post
Can we not get too crazy with the extra sub forums? Itís gonna get harder to find topics if we have too many of these. Should we also group wholly owned regionals with the parent major company, or should they stay in the regional section?
I strongly support keeping the regionals where they are. Pilots looking at regionals want to find them all in one group. Pilots with the majors often do not keep up with the regionals. They only have a passing interest in them. Adding WOs to their parent company is not a good idea.

I was the person who advocated for sub forums in the regionals. Before that, regionals was a mess, the change has been well received by a vast amount of people.
TransWorld is offline  
Old 03-14-2021, 04:29 PM   #13  
Line Holder
 
Grease's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2018
Posts: 52
Default

ATSG might be considered in the same light, since itís the parent company of airlines that operate in different sectors of the industry.
Grease is offline  
Old 03-14-2021, 05:58 PM   #14  
Gets Weekends Off
 
nitefr8dog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease View Post
ATSG might be considered in the same light, since itís the parent company of airlines that operate in different sectors of the industry.
Like Atlas Air WorldWide Holdings is the parent company of airlines ( Atlas, Southern, Polar) that operate in different sector of the industry.
nitefr8dog is offline  
Old 03-15-2021, 03:35 AM   #15  
Gets Weekends Off
 
WhiteMorpheus's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitefr8dog View Post
Like Atlas Air WorldWide Holdings is the parent company of airlines ( Atlas, Southern, Polar) that operate in different sector of the industry.
Omni isn't much of a cargo outfit, but I don't think anyone's advocating for moving the Omni threads to a Cargo/ATSG sub-forum.

I'd be happy with an "Other" sub with any threads that are applicable across the sector left in the main Cargo forum.
WhiteMorpheus is offline  
Old 03-15-2021, 04:07 AM   #16  
Gets Weekends Off
 
nitefr8dog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,514
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMorpheus View Post
Omni isn't much of a cargo outfit, but I don't think anyone's advocating for moving the Omni threads to a Cargo/ATSG sub-forum.

I'd be happy with an "Other" sub with any threads that are applicable across the sector left in the main Cargo forum.
Glad that works for you...
nitefr8dog is offline  
Old 03-18-2021, 05:19 AM   #17  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Elevation's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2017
Posts: 668
Default

Nice work making the extra sub-forums! This is way more organized. Thanks.
Elevation is offline  
Old 03-19-2021, 02:03 AM   #18  
Gets Weekends Off
 
WhiteMorpheus's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitefr8dog View Post
Glad that works for you...
Perhaps some empirical break-over point could be used based on the size of the pilot group or number of existing threads for any given carrier.

The Atlas/Southern/Polar thing is different than ATI/ABX sharing an ATSG sub.

The ATSG carriers are independently operated under different certificates, which I understand to be very different from the AAWW carriers, so it really makes more sense for each ATSG carrier to get their own forum.

You can't please everyone, but I see the decluttering of the main Cargo forum that has already been done as a step in the right direction.
WhiteMorpheus is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jump seat Question (from a non-pilot)? Horizon513 Hangar Talk 5 08-08-2010 10:27 AM
Fundamental Aircraft Handling Question RVSM Certified Flight Schools and Training 22 02-27-2009 12:04 PM
Question about ALTRAVs USMCFLYR Hangar Talk 3 08-23-2008 08:37 PM
new guy question cargo hopeful Cargo 21 03-05-2006 06:12 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:19 AM.