Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Cargo
FDX - Crew Show for iPhone released.... >

FDX - Crew Show for iPhone released....

Notices
Cargo Part 121 cargo airlines

FDX - Crew Show for iPhone released....

Old 01-12-2011, 03:56 PM
  #1  
...Whatever It Is!
Thread Starter
 
MD11Fr8Dog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,677
Default FDX - Crew Show for iPhone released....

Crew Show for iPhone (good for all airline crew) has just been released to the iTunes store by one of our crew members and FxPilot (trip trading app for FedEx pilots) should be released very soon.

Crew Show for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
MD11Fr8Dog is offline  
Old 01-12-2011, 04:02 PM
  #2  
Living the dream!
 
R1200RT's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Position: MD-11 Capt
Posts: 915
Default

Originally Posted by MD11Fr8Dog View Post
Crew Show for iPhone (good for all airline crew) has just been released to the iTunes store by one of our crew members and FxPilot (trip trading app for FedEx pilots) should be released very soon.

Crew Show for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Thanks S, I had Crew Alarm, but blew the .99 to help get KB going.
R1200RT is offline  
Old 01-12-2011, 04:07 PM
  #3  
...Whatever It Is!
Thread Starter
 
MD11Fr8Dog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,677
Default

Originally Posted by R1200RT View Post
Thanks S, I had Crew Alarm, but blew the .99 to help get KB going.

Crew Show is the final version of Crew Alarm, for those that might not know!
MD11Fr8Dog is offline  
Old 01-12-2011, 09:31 PM
  #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
TheBaron's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: MD-11 FO
Posts: 608
Default

KB will have to hold out until February to get my .99
Starting February 10th, the iPhone will finally be available on Verizon. I was holding out for this day.
iPhone=Good... AT&T=Bad.
TheBaron is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 04:26 AM
  #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
bleedairpacks's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2009
Position: MD11 CA (rtd.)
Posts: 317
Default

Originally Posted by TheBaron View Post
KB will have to hold out until February to get my .99
Starting February 10th, the iPhone will finally be available on Verizon. I was holding out for this day.
iPhone=Good... AT&T=Bad.
That Verizon iPhone will make a nice paper weight on those international trips.
bleedairpacks is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 05:18 AM
  #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2010
Posts: 174
Default

Originally Posted by bleedairpacks View Post
That Verizon iPhone will make a nice paper weight on those international trips.
Skype + WiFi and skip the international roaming charges and network compatibility issues. (Of course, your on a leash to WiFi, but life is full of compromises, right?)
Doogs is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 05:24 AM
  #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
USMCFDX's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Posts: 1,514
Default

Originally Posted by bleedairpacks View Post
That Verizon iPhone will make a nice paper weight on those international trips.

Not True. Looks like the Verizon iPhone will be global just like some of the Verizon Blackberry models.

Can I use my iPhone 4 while traveling abroad?

Yes, customers can use iPhone for voice and text in over 40 countries with data service in over 20 countries. For service availability and rate information, visit International Roaming Rates and Coverage. When travelling outside of these 40 destinations, the Global Travel program is the perfect short-term solution for the occasional or infrequent global traveler who needs to stay in touch when travelling internationally.
USMCFDX is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 07:04 AM
  #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
FoxHunter's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: Retired
Posts: 980
Default

Originally Posted by USMCFDX View Post
Not True. Looks like the Verizon iPhone will be global just like some of the Verizon Blackberry models.

Can I use my iPhone 4 while traveling abroad?

Yes, customers can use iPhone for voice and text in over 40 countries with data service in over 20 countries. For service availability and rate information, visit International Roaming Rates and Coverage. When travelling outside of these 40 destinations, the Global Travel program is the perfect short-term solution for the occasional or infrequent global traveler who needs to stay in touch when travelling internationally.
Since AT&T has service to 220 countries and Verizon covers only just over 40 I'll pass on the Verizon I-Phone.The other small issue is that you will not be able to use Wi-Fi for Skype using any Verizon phone.
FoxHunter is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 07:08 AM
  #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
USMCFDX's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Posts: 1,514
Default

Originally Posted by FoxHunter View Post
Since AT&T has service to 220 countries and Verizon covers only just over 40 I'll pass on the Verizon I-Phone.The other small issue is that you will not be able to use Wi-Fi for Skype using any Verizon phone.
Thanks for sharing that you are going to pass, I really don't care.

The "over 40 countries" covers the countries that FedEx flies to.
USMCFDX is offline  
Old 01-13-2011, 08:27 AM
  #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Gunter's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,931
Default

That's right. The Verizon iPhone will suck. Totally overrated. Don't buy it, please! I don't want the CDMA towers overloaded with old dudes watching "Matlock" reruns and comparing the latest prices on ensure and depends.


Are you guys really using minutes overseas?
Gunter is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Zoro
Cargo
32
07-26-2012 06:32 AM
FlybyKnite
Cargo
67
11-18-2007 11:40 AM
FDXLAG
Cargo
18
03-09-2007 09:19 AM
Buzzard
Cargo
13
02-05-2007 06:22 AM
AUS_ATC
Cargo
18
12-12-2006 07:22 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread