Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2018, 12:24 PM   #11  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainlineAF View Post
12 yr 330/787/777 pay at AA is $333.

You would be nuts to choose any acmi over any one of the legacies.
How many 12 year captains does AA have at that pay scale? I doubt there are any. You have to be realistic when you are looking at what is attainable and how long you have left in your career.
pitchattitude is offline  
Old 03-22-2018, 12:29 PM   #12  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysooner9 View Post
ACMI your also gone for 18+ days at a time. Not real possible with a family.
If you are commuting, you probably are gone more than that anyway, just not all at once. But you commute on a positive space ticket. No ďback upĒ needed for a commuter clause. Different people and families have different dynamics. But you are right, it is not for everyone.
pitchattitude is offline  
Old 03-22-2018, 04:01 PM   #13  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2016
Posts: 392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchattitude View Post
How many 12 year captains does AA have at that pay scale? I doubt there are any. You have to be realistic when you are looking at what is attainable and how long you have left in your career.
Ummm... probably all the guys sitting left seat in those a/c (777, 787, 330) are 12yr captains...

...I donít know that you understand how the pay scale works.

IF you spend 12 years at AA as an FO then somehow get awarded 330CA, you instantly go to 12year CA pay. You donít restart at 1 again...
Ijustlikeflying is offline  
Old 03-22-2018, 05:12 PM   #14  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchattitude View Post
How many 12 year captains does AA have at that pay scale? I doubt there are any. You have to be realistic when you are looking at what is attainable and how long you have left in your career.
Ummm...say again?
bigtime209 is offline  
Old 03-22-2018, 06:28 PM   #15  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ijustlikeflying View Post
Ummm... probably all the guys sitting left seat in those a/c (777, 787, 330) are 12yr captains...

...I donít know that you understand how the pay scale works.

IF you spend 12 years at AA as an FO then somehow get awarded 330CA, you instantly go to 12year CA pay. You donít restart at 1 again...
Yes, I fully understand how pay scales work. I just seriously doubt if 12 years of seniority will get you the left seat of the largest pay rate in the system. We all know how optimistic the Envoy recruiting propaganda is and that is what they advertise. Maybe it will. And maybe we will get a pay raise and start flowing more. But I think all three of those are overly optimistic.
pitchattitude is offline  
Old 03-23-2018, 07:00 PM   #16  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2015
Posts: 570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchattitude View Post
Yes, I fully understand how pay scales work. I just seriously doubt if 12 years of seniority will get you the left seat of the largest pay rate in the system. We all know how optimistic the Envoy recruiting propaganda is and that is what they advertise. Maybe it will. And maybe we will get a pay raise and start flowing more. But I think all three of those are overly optimistic.

I was talking to a senior fo on the 777 that is 62. He could be a captain on any narrowbody but not on the heavy metal
Bigpimppilot is offline  
Old 03-23-2018, 07:52 PM   #17  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2016
Posts: 873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpimppilot View Post
I was talking to a senior fo on the 777 that is 62. He could be a captain on any narrowbody but not on the heavy metal
It's not that useful to know how old he is. It IS useful to know how long he's been there.
highfarfast is offline  
Old 03-24-2018, 05:33 AM   #18  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2015
Posts: 570
Default

Touchť good point. So your saying no twa guys are on it
Bigpimppilot is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some questions about training, 121, 61, 141 cloudseer Flight Schools and Training 2 07-12-2011 06:51 PM
So Many Questions, Where To Begin? rvrabel2002 Career Questions 10 01-16-2011 08:01 PM
Questions about EK and living in Dubai SKMarz Foreign 25 05-25-2008 12:42 AM
Two Random Questions bryantchan1 Hangar Talk 4 01-02-2008 05:11 AM
ATP written test questions sigtauenus Flight Schools and Training 3 10-06-2007 12:25 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:53 PM.