Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2018, 03:43 AM   #1  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 45
Default Landing currency expired

Because Iíve been pretty senior on the reserve list, along with having to go to the school house for pointless training after that displacement mess 2 vacancies ago, my landing currency has lapsed.

I checked my logbook and they legitimately have, not just my forgetting to input them like weíve all done.

I go to upgrade training May 20, but am scheduled to work two 4 day trips before that. I believe the process is to requal with 3 t/o and landings in the sim, but I guess my questions are

1) is there anything punitive about it?
2 would they requal me before those 2 trips, or just not mess with it since I change equipment on 5/20?
3) Does it have any affect on pay when this happens?

Thanks for any insight...just trying to figure it out before the phone starts ringing Monday morning.
Pat2389 is offline  
Old 04-29-2018, 04:22 AM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 168
Default

Itís not as simple as just 3 TO & LNDGs. The training curriculum calls for you to do a full PC in order to become current again. As to whether or not you will do that or just drop trips and proceed to upgrade training is a whole other question that only schoolhouse management will be able to tackle.
Skip0927 is offline  
Old 04-29-2018, 07:13 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Posts: 519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip0927 View Post
It’s not as simple as just 3 TO & LNDGs. The training curriculum calls for you to do a full PC in order to become current again. As to whether or not you will do that or just drop trips and proceed to upgrade training is a whole other question that only schoolhouse management will be able to tackle.
What he said.....management is going to say that it was your responsibility to track them and make the appropriate action with the following consequences.

Also know if you did landings during training, they count towards landing currency.

Enjoy that full PC coming your way. Or drop your trips without pay or cover them with sick pay.
wiz5422 is offline  
Old 04-29-2018, 07:42 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2016
Posts: 1,525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat2389 View Post
Because Iíve been pretty senior on the reserve list, along with having to go to the school house for pointless training after that displacement mess 2 vacancies ago, my landing currency has lapsed.

I checked my logbook and they legitimately have, not just my forgetting to input them like weíve all done.

I go to upgrade training May 20, but am scheduled to work two 4 day trips before that. I believe the process is to requal with 3 t/o and landings in the sim, but I guess my questions are

1) is there anything punitive about it?
2 would they requal me before those 2 trips, or just not mess with it since I change equipment on 5/20?
3) Does it have any affect on pay when this happens?

Thanks for any insight...just trying to figure it out before the phone starts ringing Monday morning.
Did you comply with FM1 and the HI6 messages?? If you did then pay will not be docked. If you didn't then it is the same as letting your medical expire. You could be docked pay.
Pedro4President is offline  
Old 04-29-2018, 07:44 AM   #5  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 45
Default

Hmm well I didnít get to the sim before the next vacancy ran and I was pulled out of training. And it was going to be on a different A/C anyway. What a mess.
Pat2389 is offline  
Old 04-29-2018, 07:47 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2016
Posts: 1,525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat2389 View Post
Hmm well I didnít get to the sim before the next vacancy ran and I was pulled out of training. And it was going to be on a different A/C anyway. What a mess.
I'm pretty sure FM1 says you are responsible to notify the CPO. Instead of responding to the forum I would email your union rep and look up in the FM1 about quals. Then I'd probably email the CPO as well.
Pedro4President is offline  
Old 04-29-2018, 07:48 AM   #7  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 45
Default

^^ all true. Emails have been sent. Just wondering if anybody had this happen before
Pat2389 is offline  
Old 04-29-2018, 08:22 AM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2016
Posts: 1,525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat2389 View Post
^^ all true. Emails have been sent. Just wondering if anybody had this happen before
It sounds like you are in a nonstandard situation with going to training and then being pulled out of training. Let us know how it turns out.
Pedro4President is offline  
Old 04-29-2018, 08:51 AM   #9  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 45
Default

Iíll agree that itís nonstandard because of that. But I wouldnít argue that Iím at fault for waiting to notify. I thought Iíd get the flying done in time. FM1 section 3.4.2 states once your currency expires you must notify your supervisor prior to accepting another flight assignment. Iíll let you know what happens. Maybe I can save someone trouble down the road.
Pat2389 is offline  
Old 04-29-2018, 09:29 AM   #10  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat2389 View Post
Iíll agree that itís nonstandard because of that. But I wouldnít argue that Iím at fault for waiting to notify. I thought Iíd get the flying done in time. FM1 section 3.4.2 states once your currency expires you must notify your supervisor prior to accepting another flight assignment. Iíll let you know what happens. Maybe I can save someone trouble down the road.
I'm not looking at a current FM-1 (left it at work), but it has always said we have to notify our supervisor 10 days prior any qualification expiration. Section 3 para 2.1 C in the older FM-1 from a few updates ago (should be in that general area in the current version).

My guess is no pay until you start training, no sim availability to do your requal pc, and a coach and counsel with the chief pilot.

However, looking at the contract section 3 para N outlines training pay. The first month of long-term training is a 78 hour guarantee. So in the end, not sure what's going to happen.
LowValueAviator is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Runway analysis Landing distance question metro-mia Technical 11 04-24-2019 05:52 AM
135 Turbine Landing Limitations Question IFLY22 Aviation Law 10 10-26-2011 01:43 PM
121 Turboprob Landing Limitations Mattio Aviation Law 3 11-08-2010 08:37 PM
take off and landing currency part 121 USMC3197 Aviation Law 15 09-25-2008 06:11 PM
it has happened before - Gordon C JetBlue 5 10-06-2005 03:28 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:01 AM.