Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Envoy Airlines (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/envoy-airlines/)
-   -   Spring Vacancy Bidding (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/envoy-airlines/119978-spring-vacancy-bidding.html)

BIueSideUp 02-13-2019 02:37 AM

Spring Vacancy Bidding
 
I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to get a new thread going ahead of the next vacancy bid that should likely run a month or two from now so that there can be some discussion for us all to figure out what we're doing and for those anyone that might feel in the dark on the subject to reach out and get some help before they end up Envoying themselves into a spot they don't want or need to take.

Is there pretty much a consensus that displacements will continue with this next round? If so, do we have any reason to expect anything different from the last couple runs? Also, does anyone have or know where we can find record of what was offered in the last few vacancies?

buddies8 02-13-2019 04:08 AM

What displacements

BIueSideUp 02-13-2019 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddies8 (Post 2763114)
What displacements

Okay then, "15.G.4"s.

Cyio 02-13-2019 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIueSideUp (Post 2763091)
I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to get a new thread going ahead of the next vacancy bid that should likely run a month or two from now so that there can be some discussion for us all to figure out what we're doing and for those anyone that might feel in the dark on the subject to reach out and get some help before they end up Envoying themselves into a spot they don't want or need to take.

Is there pretty much a consensus that displacements will continue with this next round? If so, do we have any reason to expect anything different from the last couple runs? Also, does anyone have or know where we can find record of what was offered in the last few vacancies?

They didn't displace all of the FO's last round. Pretty sure there were like three of the more senior folks who got passed up. However, I would think that was done for reasons beyond what we may know and that the average FO will get displaced again.

buddies8 02-13-2019 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIueSideUp (Post 2763120)
Okay then, "15.G.4"s.

Ok I'll go along since union removed the definition from the definition section.

boiler07 02-14-2019 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddies8 (Post 2763310)
Ok I'll go along since union removed the definition from the definition section.


:confused::confused::confused:

ag386 02-15-2019 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boiler07 (Post 2764462)
:confused::confused::confused:

How's Envoy treating you boiler?

Fastest145 02-20-2019 06:36 AM

Displacement is the only way to go

FlyPurdue 03-26-2019 08:13 AM

With only 5 vacancies for OCE, assuming there are backfills to OCL/DCL - what is the best way to set up your 3* to ensure that one gets awarded a transfer to OCE? Would a 'Proffer to Displace' work as obviously anyones seniority can hold OCE.

Alas, would someone mind PM me the April OCE 3XP?

Thanks!

highfarfast 03-26-2019 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyPurdue (Post 2790324)
With only 5 vacancies for OCE, assuming there are backfills to OCL/DCL - what is the best way to set up your 3* to ensure that one gets awarded a transfer to OCE? Would a 'Proffer to Displace' work as obviously anyones seniority can hold OCE.

Alas, would someone mind PM me the April OCE 3XP?

Thanks!

Proffer to displace will only work if there are open vacancies when they do the proffer to displace run. They will not displace a junior pilot holding the position you want with a proffer to displace (only with a regular displacement).

It is possible that some current OCE will vacancy bid to another base or equipment, effectively creating more than 5 vacancies. However, there's no guarantee the company will chose to backfill those positions either.

If it were me, and I wanted OCE AND also wanted displacement benefits, I'd proffer to displace but include all the 145 bases in my proffer. I think the chances of getting 145 captain 'somewhere' is high. If I didn't get OCE, I could still vacancy bid back on a future bid.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:06 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands