Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2020, 02:21 PM   #1  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
dk104444's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2018
Posts: 14
Default Out of mask.

There is no face mask anywhere, no retail or online. Someone is buying all of it as soon as it is in stock. If management/CDC change their stands they will have to provide it.
dk104444 is offline  
Old 02-10-2020, 02:52 PM   #2  
Line Holder
 
JonSnow's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Posts: 30
Default

Jeeez, educate yourself
https://www.theguardian.com/world/vi...ideo-explainer
JonSnow is offline  
Old 02-12-2020, 06:29 AM   #3  
Line Holder
 
Toolbox9909's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2018
Posts: 28
Default well

just wear the oxygen mask for the duration of your flight.
​​​probably the safest option, and no tome wasted to quick don it if you have hi cabin warning message
Toolbox9909 is offline  
Old 02-12-2020, 07:01 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
NoValueAviator's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Position: 175 CA
Posts: 947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolbox9909 View Post
just wear the oxygen mask for the duration of your flight.
񹙋​probably the safest option, and no tome wasted to quick don it if you have hi cabin warning message
One day I'll find out what the book says about this, been sorely tempted to rip the mask out when taxiing behind a 737 emissions hog getting acute CO poisoning or just when the CA breaks out his sardines.
NoValueAviator is offline  
Old 02-12-2020, 08:41 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Cyio's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Posts: 1,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoValueAviator View Post
One day I'll find out what the book says about this, been sorely tempted to rip the mask out when taxiing behind a 737 emissions hog getting acute CO poisoning or just when the CA breaks out his sardines.
lol I have thought the same thing. The 737 is just horrible to be sitting behind.
Cyio is offline  
Old 02-12-2020, 08:47 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Chato's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2019
Posts: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyio View Post
lol I have thought the same thing. The 737 is just horrible to be sitting behind.
i take out pack 1 when this happens. Usually get the looks..
Chato is online now  
Old 02-12-2020, 12:00 PM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
NoValueAviator's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Position: 175 CA
Posts: 947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato View Post
i take out pack 1 when this happens. Usually get the looks..
This actually does work, but confuses & enrages some captains who love the smell of jet fuel in the morning.
NoValueAviator is offline  
Old 02-12-2020, 05:01 PM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Chato's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2019
Posts: 149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoValueAviator View Post
This actually does work, but confuses & enrages some captains who love the smell of jet fuel in the morning.
i don't like the smell of lung disease down the road
Chato is online now  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eros Oxygen Mask Question Hoof Hearted Technical 14 02-16-2018 08:16 PM
ecord Profits At SWA Mask Underlying Labor... jetliner1526 Major 1 01-30-2015 11:22 AM
UPS Flight 6 Memorial nathanexplosion Cargo 145 10-22-2010 08:29 PM
Arizona Driver dons monkey mask ToiletDuck Hangar Talk 0 09-11-2009 08:32 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:19 PM.