Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2008, 06:57 AM   #1  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
EV120's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Watching, always watching...
Posts: 95
Default Jet Airways info...US base

Looking for current info re: Jet Airways and basing in the US.

Looking for the typical details....Mins., Pay/Benefits, Schedule/Rules, and overall opinion.

Thanks
EV120 is offline  
Old 03-20-2008, 10:17 AM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Wiskey Driver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2007
Posts: 1,353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EV120 View Post
Looking for current info re: Jet Airways and basing in the US.

Looking for the typical details....Mins., Pay/Benefits, Schedule/Rules, and overall opinion.

Thanks
Unless you can meet the DEC minimums or you are a citizen of India you will not even be looked at. I just got a letter from them last week stating that since the government changed the rules on expats there will be no more expat first officer hiring in India. I have over 3000hr in the airbus however the government wants companines to hire nationals.

I don't know what the deals is concerning nationals however if the pools were good then they would never need to hire expats one would think!!

WD.
Wiskey Driver is offline  
Old 03-20-2008, 10:22 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
jet320's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: A319 320 321 LEFT GOOOOOD
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiskey Driver View Post
Unless you can meet the DEC minimums or you are a citizen of India you will not even be looked at. I just got a letter from them last week stating that since the government changed the rules on expats there will be no more expat first officer hiring in India. I have over 3000hr in the airbus however the government wants companines to hire nationals.

I don't know what the deals is concerning nationals however if the pools were good then they would never need to hire expats one would think!!

WD.
I don't think that is quiet true!!! I fly for the Kingfisher, and they hire SOME FO'S. as well as Deccan.

I you guys/gals want to a part of King, "probably be based in USA" let me know. Bets jet320
jet320 is offline  
Old 03-20-2008, 11:37 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
YAKflyer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: 30 West
Posts: 368
Default

There is no US basing as of now. Currently guys are getting based in Brussels.
YAKflyer is offline  
Old 03-22-2008, 05:26 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Kapitanleutnant's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: SWA 737 FO
Posts: 338
Default

Yak

Partially true. While based in Brussels, there is some type of arrangement with some of the US guys whereby they are allowed to start and finish their trips out of NY, and then fly to Brussels. Not quite sure exactly how it works... and it's not all US pilots doing this but a large group apparently.

That's from my Jet contact.

K
Kapitanleutnant is offline  
Old 03-22-2008, 11:02 PM   #6  
Line Holder
 
KDUA's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Airline Captain (cargo)
Posts: 78
Default

Just let you know NO MORE EXPAT FIRST OFFICERS ATER 1st OF JUNE. Indian governmont rules
KDUA is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 01:57 PM   #7  
On Reserve
 
sligo410's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Posts: 12
Default

jet320:
I haven't posted on the forum...so no PM rights. Current A319 captain. Live in U.S. Greater than 15K hrs. flight time. 5K hrs. A319/320/321 (4K PIC). Former Check Airman. You mentioned "probably U.S. based" with the King. Any further info? Most appreciated. Sligo410
sligo410 is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 02:15 PM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
jet320's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: A319 320 321 LEFT GOOOOOD
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sligo410 View Post
jet320:
I haven't posted on the forum...so no PM rights. Current A319 captain. Live in U.S. Greater than 15K hrs. flight time. 5K hrs. A319/320/321 (4K PIC). Former Check Airman. You mentioned "probably U.S. based" with the King. Any further info? Most appreciated. Sligo410
If you want you can send me your resume I will pass it along!
[email protected]

4 types of contracts, I was promise the A340 based out of SFO where I was born. But now I know is all a lied, why? The DGCA of India requires that you have 500 on type as PIC, and the king will not upgrade! I been with with them for more than year.

Even if you have a lot time as you I have 7000 on type and they will not allow my upgrade even if I paid mine.
jet320 is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 06:11 PM   #9  
Line Holder
 
fatbus's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: left seat 343/5 332
Posts: 96
Default

What the T/C s and roster pattern out of SFO

Thanks
fatbus is offline  
Old 03-24-2008, 06:45 PM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
jet320's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: A319 320 321 LEFT GOOOOOD
Posts: 377
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbus View Post
What the T/C s and roster pattern out of SFO

Thanks

No yet flying!! I think it will take more than expected

They don't have A340/330 pilots and upgrade are only for Indians. The requirement of the company for Indians to upgrade is 3000 on A320. Most Indians are Military and zeroooooooooo experince in type and Int'l flying
jet320 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Republic/Chautauqua New Deal With US Airways for E-170 and E-190 Frisky Pilot Regional 15 10-01-2009 05:27 PM
Republic Airways Purchase of MidAtlantic Assets Official Frisky Pilot Major 0 06-23-2005 02:46 PM
US Airways, AWA merger official SWAjet Major 0 05-19-2005 05:48 PM
US Airways poised for future merger Sir James Major 0 03-15-2005 08:35 PM
Piecing together the US Airways Puzzle RockBottom Major 0 03-07-2005 11:04 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:57 AM.