Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2006, 04:08 PM   #1  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Golden Child's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Posts: 49
Post JetBlue to Denver?

Pilots at JetBlue are starting to talk about FOs going to Frontier Air, but isn't there a larger question here? Both airlines have the same business model: low fares, lean business structure, direct tv at every seat, new short haul airbus airplanes, all business class seating, etc. At a time when both are struggling to grow they seem to have an amazing opportunity to get together. Should they merge like US Air and America West? It would be such a perfect scenario; there would be fleet commonality and nearly identical business structures. Very little cost would be incurred in training and maintenance and expansion would be effectively resolved for the time being. I don't think that there are any two airlines as well suited to each other. The only foreseeable problem would be Frontier's existing pilot union. The union is small and not connected with ALPA, but JetBlue doesn't have one. Has anyone at either airline started talking about the possibility of the two merging?
Golden Child is offline  
Old 04-12-2006, 08:00 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Short Bus Drive's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Guppy Capt.
Posts: 1,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Child
Pilots at JetBlue are starting to talk about FOs going to Frontier Air, but isn't there a larger question here? Both airlines have the same business model: low fares, lean business structure, direct tv at every seat, new short haul airbus airplanes, all business class seating, etc. At a time when both are struggling to grow they seem to have an amazing opportunity to get together. Should they merge like US Air and America West? It would be such a perfect scenario; there would be fleet commonality and nearly identical business structures. Very little cost would be incurred in training and maintenance and expansion would be effectively resolved for the time being. I don't think that there are any two airlines as well suited to each other. The only foreseeable problem would be Frontier's existing pilot union. The union is small and not connected with ALPA, but JetBlue doesn't have one. Has anyone at either airline started talking about the possibility of the two merging?
How about Spirit and Frontier? "The Spirit of the West"
How about Spirit,Frontier AND jetBlue? West, Midwest,East, Southeast, Carib ALL connected!
Short Bus Drive is offline  
Old 04-12-2006, 08:55 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
tomgoodman's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: 767A (Ret)
Posts: 6,012
Default Giant code-share operation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Bus Drive
How about Spirit and Frontier? "The Spirit of the West"
How about Spirit,Frontier AND jetBlue? West, Midwest,East, Southeast, Carib ALL connected!
The way things are going, might as well throw in Air India, Greyhound Bus Lines, and Nanook's Dog Sled Service too.
tomgoodman is offline  
Old 04-13-2006, 04:31 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
captjns's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar
Posts: 5,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgoodman
The way things are going, might as well throw in Air India, Greyhound Bus Lines, and Nanook's Dog Sled Service too.
What about the Long Island Rail Road and the Boston "T". After all we don't want to be accused of transportation discrimination.
captjns is online now  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fuel Costs Drag on JetBlue LeeFXDWG JetBlue 16 05-02-2006 09:30 AM
JetBlue Losing Favor on Wall Street RockBottom Major 4 04-09-2006 05:23 PM
Analysts Criticize JetBlue Expansion Plan fireman0174 JetBlue 0 04-05-2006 07:02 PM
A view of Jet Blue mike734 JetBlue 8 02-15-2006 12:07 AM
new jetBlue terminal at JFK Sir James Major 0 07-29-2005 08:02 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:22 AM.