Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Pilot Lounge > Leaving the Career
So close to leaving the career >

So close to leaving the career

Notices
Leaving the Career Alternative careers for pilots

So close to leaving the career

Old 02-09-2022, 03:55 PM
  #1  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Dec 2016
Position: Sitting
Posts: 223
Default So close to leaving the career

Delete

filler

Last edited by reandld; 02-09-2022 at 04:23 PM. Reason: delete thread and ban me please
reandld is offline  
Old 02-09-2022, 04:29 PM
  #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2019
Posts: 354
Default

Good talk.
flyinthrew is offline  
Old 02-09-2022, 04:34 PM
  #3  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Dec 2016
Position: Sitting
Posts: 223
Default

Decided to leave legacy and going to different industry. It's not for me. No reason for me to stick around here.
reandld is offline  
Old 02-18-2022, 04:34 PM
  #4  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Oct 2021
Posts: 25
Default

Originally Posted by reandld View Post
Decided to leave legacy and going to different industry. It's not for me. No reason for me to stick around here.
Considering the same. Do stick around and share.
reservelyfe is offline  
Old 02-20-2022, 07:15 PM
  #5  
Super Moderator
 
crewdawg's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,791
Default

Originally Posted by reandld View Post
Decided to leave legacy and going to different industry. It's not for me. No reason for me to stick around here.

Don't have to stay around, but I'd urge you to come back from time to time and share your experience. It could provide the inspiration that someone need to make the jump.

Best of luck in your future endeavors.
crewdawg is offline  
Old 02-24-2022, 05:48 PM
  #6  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Dec 2016
Position: Sitting
Posts: 223
Default

Originally Posted by crewdawg View Post
Don't have to stay around, but I'd urge you to come back from time to time and share your experience. It could provide the inspiration that someone need to make the jump.

Best of luck in your future endeavors.
Thanks Crewdawg. It was a tough decision for me but I couldn't do the job much longer. I would wake up in cold sweats after nightmares and I was so nervous going to work every day. I thought it's all I ever wanted to do but I struggled so much. I took a pay cut now but hopefully get back up sometime soon. Appreciate your kind words.
reandld is offline  
Old 02-26-2022, 08:55 AM
  #7  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Oct 2021
Posts: 25
Default

Originally Posted by reandld View Post
Thanks Crewdawg. It was a tough decision for me but I couldn't do the job much longer. I would wake up in cold sweats after nightmares and I was so nervous going to work every day. I thought it's all I ever wanted to do but I struggled so much. I took a pay cut now but hopefully get back up sometime soon. Appreciate your kind words.
But what did you do? Did you have to learn a new skill? Is it something that a person of average intelligence could do? Do you feel secure in your employment?
reservelyfe is offline  
Old 02-26-2022, 07:35 PM
  #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2019
Posts: 1,060
Default

Originally Posted by reservelyfe View Post
But what did you do? Did you have to learn a new skill? Is it something that a person of average intelligence could do? Do you feel secure in your employment?
dude. Is. A. Troll.
CLE to IAH is offline  
Old 02-27-2022, 05:40 AM
  #9  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Dec 2016
Position: Sitting
Posts: 223
Default

Originally Posted by reservelyfe View Post
But what did you do? Did you have to learn a new skill? Is it something that a person of average intelligence could do? Do you feel secure in your employment?
I am an apprentice now working with my family. Likely a pay cut for a while but I don't need that much to live on. Yes I am not that smart so anyone can do it.

Why do you want to leave the industry? Are you at a major airline?
reandld is offline  
Old 02-27-2022, 05:48 AM
  #10  
Banned
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Dec 2016
Position: Sitting
Posts: 223
Default

Originally Posted by CLE to IAH View Post
dude. Is. A. Troll.
Just go away. Please. People here are trying to learn from each other and express their ideas in a safe place.
reandld is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
scubaash
Career Questions
30
08-26-2016 09:00 PM
Kenny Powers
Career Questions
15
08-08-2015 06:30 PM
seven6
Leaving the Career
34
02-28-2012 10:25 PM
BSOuthisplace
Leaving the Career
10
08-13-2011 07:57 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread