Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Major (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/major/)
-   -   American Eagle and letter 3 flowthru (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/major/17152-american-eagle-letter-3-flowthru.html)

tone 09-21-2007 02:03 PM

American Eagle and letter 3 flowthru
 
I saw on another post that talks are off for now, but what does that mean? Are they meeting again? Does anyone know the details? I know there are some Eagle guys that are guaranteed a slot at AA even if they are not on the list yet. Am I right? Or did this pretty much end letter 3?

B757200ER 09-21-2007 02:50 PM

Yes, as I understand it, any AMR Eagle pilot with an AA seniority number is guaranteed an eventual flow-thru slot. But, if Supp W/Letter 3 expires, so does the flow-thru. I believe this is next year or '09.

Flyby1206 09-22-2007 07:39 AM

Apparently the APA and ALPA proposal to AMR allowed all furloughed/TWA/AA pilots to return first, in turn all AE pilots would be issued AA seniority #s and all future AA pilots would come from AE. Pilots would start at the AA level at 2nd year pay as well. Both pilot groups were happy with this proposal, but the company rejected it. The AE ALPA union is conducting an email campaign and urging us all to send emails to mgmt to voice our frustrations.

swaayze 09-22-2007 07:44 AM

The flowthru will expire in May '08 unless renegotiated. Looks like that won't happen now. Expect those with numbers (400ish) to have the option to go, but at best I expect half to go. Those eligible but without numbers will probably never make it now.

fartsarefunny 09-23-2007 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swaayze (Post 234961)
The flowthru will expire in May '08 unless renegotiated. Looks like that won't happen now. Expect those with numbers (400ish) to have the option to go, but at best I expect half to go. Those eligible but without numbers will probably never make it now.

Don't forget the arbitrator gave eagle 750 more numbers...

viking767 09-23-2007 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fartsarefunny (Post 235463)
Don't forget the arbitrator gave eagle 750 more numbers...


750? Where did that number come from?

Flyby1206 09-23-2007 05:28 PM

Apparently because 1500 TWA pilots who went straight to furlough status without going to AA indoc are going to be considered "newhires" in respect to the letter 3 agreement/flowthrough. So 50% of the 1500 would be 750, but I thought that would be in the best case scenario if every TWA furloughee returned. Its all a huge mess and nobody knows what/when/if anything will be written in stone.

tone 09-24-2007 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyby1206 (Post 235706)
Apparently because 1500 TWA pilots who went straight to furlough status without going to AA indoc are going to be considered "newhires" in respect to the letter 3 agreement/flowthrough. So 50% of the 1500 would be 750, but I thought that would be in the best case scenario if every TWA furloughee returned. Its all a huge mess and nobody knows what/when/if anything will be written in stone.

So where would they put the 750 eagle guys on the list in relation to the TWA 1500 guys. Or are we still waiting for that disaster.

Deez340 09-24-2007 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tone (Post 235892)
So where would they put the 750 eagle guys on the list in relation to the TWA 1500 guys. Or are we still waiting for that disaster.

Eagle guys receive their AA seniority numbers when they upgrade to CA on the jet. (if they want it) they then fly the jet at eagle for two years. After two years they go to class at AA with their two years of seniority. So the numbers should have already been issued. making integration fairly easy. but nothing about letter 3 has gone as advertised.

tone 09-24-2007 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deez340 (Post 235919)
Eagle guys receive their AA seniority numbers when they upgrade to CA on the jet. (if they want it) they then fly the jet at eagle for two years. After two years they go to class at AA with their two years of seniority. So the numbers should have already been issued. making integration fairly easy. but nothing about letter 3 has gone as advertised.

So hopefully, they are already on the list, so no surprises?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:26 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands


Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1