Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Major Legacy, National, and LCC
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-21-2007, 02:03 PM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Nov 2006
Posts: 393
Default American Eagle and letter 3 flowthru

I saw on another post that talks are off for now, but what does that mean? Are they meeting again? Does anyone know the details? I know there are some Eagle guys that are guaranteed a slot at AA even if they are not on the list yet. Am I right? Or did this pretty much end letter 3?
tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:50 PM   #2  
AAmerican Way for AA Pay
 
B757200ER's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: B-737 Pilot
Posts: 1,605
Default

Yes, as I understand it, any AMR Eagle pilot with an AA seniority number is guaranteed an eventual flow-thru slot. But, if Supp W/Letter 3 expires, so does the flow-thru. I believe this is next year or '09.
B757200ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:39 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Flyby1206's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: 320 CA
Posts: 4,213
Default

Apparently the APA and ALPA proposal to AMR allowed all furloughed/TWA/AA pilots to return first, in turn all AE pilots would be issued AA seniority #s and all future AA pilots would come from AE. Pilots would start at the AA level at 2nd year pay as well. Both pilot groups were happy with this proposal, but the company rejected it. The AE ALPA union is conducting an email campaign and urging us all to send emails to mgmt to voice our frustrations.
Flyby1206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 07:44 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: DFW A320 FO
Posts: 585
Default

The flowthru will expire in May '08 unless renegotiated. Looks like that won't happen now. Expect those with numbers (400ish) to have the option to go, but at best I expect half to go. Those eligible but without numbers will probably never make it now.
swaayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 09:56 AM   #5  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaayze View Post
The flowthru will expire in May '08 unless renegotiated. Looks like that won't happen now. Expect those with numbers (400ish) to have the option to go, but at best I expect half to go. Those eligible but without numbers will probably never make it now.
Don't forget the arbitrator gave eagle 750 more numbers...
fartsarefunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 04:15 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Posts: 188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fartsarefunny View Post
Don't forget the arbitrator gave eagle 750 more numbers...

750? Where did that number come from?
viking767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 05:28 PM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Flyby1206's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: 320 CA
Posts: 4,213
Default

Apparently because 1500 TWA pilots who went straight to furlough status without going to AA indoc are going to be considered "newhires" in respect to the letter 3 agreement/flowthrough. So 50% of the 1500 would be 750, but I thought that would be in the best case scenario if every TWA furloughee returned. Its all a huge mess and nobody knows what/when/if anything will be written in stone.
Flyby1206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:48 AM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Nov 2006
Posts: 393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyby1206 View Post
Apparently because 1500 TWA pilots who went straight to furlough status without going to AA indoc are going to be considered "newhires" in respect to the letter 3 agreement/flowthrough. So 50% of the 1500 would be 750, but I thought that would be in the best case scenario if every TWA furloughee returned. Its all a huge mess and nobody knows what/when/if anything will be written in stone.
So where would they put the 750 eagle guys on the list in relation to the TWA 1500 guys. Or are we still waiting for that disaster.
tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:02 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: 757/767
Posts: 889
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone View Post
So where would they put the 750 eagle guys on the list in relation to the TWA 1500 guys. Or are we still waiting for that disaster.
Eagle guys receive their AA seniority numbers when they upgrade to CA on the jet. (if they want it) they then fly the jet at eagle for two years. After two years they go to class at AA with their two years of seniority. So the numbers should have already been issued. making integration fairly easy. but nothing about letter 3 has gone as advertised.
Deez340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 08:13 AM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Nov 2006
Posts: 393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez340 View Post
Eagle guys receive their AA seniority numbers when they upgrade to CA on the jet. (if they want it) they then fly the jet at eagle for two years. After two years they go to class at AA with their two years of seniority. So the numbers should have already been issued. making integration fairly easy. but nothing about letter 3 has gone as advertised.
So hopefully, they are already on the list, so no surprises?
tone is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Eagle Noleone Regional 7 09-21-2007 07:24 AM
American Eagle Mins Reduced? Lbell911 Regional 23 08-29-2007 12:23 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:09 PM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1