Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 04:44 PM   #1  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
B7ER Guy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: 7ER
Posts: 91
Default New 7ER Destinations.............

Hey Keenster, this one's for you.......


Delta filed this with the DOT today...

Delta, a designated non-incumbent carrier under the U.S.-Japan Air Transport Services Agreement, hereby applies for an allocation of frequencies to operate nonstop combination service on the following routes:

Portland-Tokyo - 7 frequencies
Guam-Tokyo - 7 frequencies
Honolulu-Tokyo - 7 frequencies

On or about June 1, 2009, Delta plans to replace Northwest as the operating carriers on the above-named routes. This will better enable the two carriers to align capacity with demand. Delta will operate 221-seat Boeing 767-300ER aircraft, in lieu of the 243 seat Airbus A-330-200 aircraft currently operated by Northwest. Northwest may remain a marketing carrier on some or all of the routes by utilizing a portion of Delta’s and Northwest’s existing allocation of U.S.-Japan same-country codeshare frequencies. The change in operating carriers is tentatively scheduled for June 1; however, some of these services could be transitioned as early as the beginning of the March 28, 2009 IATA Summer Season. Delta requests that any startup or dormancy condition run from June 1, 2009.
B7ER Guy is offline  
Old 12-10-2008, 04:59 PM   #2  
Moderator
 
Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: B757/767
Posts: 13,083
Default

I guess the A330-200's will shift to JFK? Maybe cover some New York to Europe flying?
johnso29 is offline  
Old 12-10-2008, 06:12 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
keenster's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: FO forever
Posts: 413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B7ER Guy View Post
Hey Keenster, this one's for you.......


Delta filed this with the DOT today...

Delta, a designated non-incumbent carrier under the U.S.-Japan Air Transport Services Agreement, hereby applies for an allocation of frequencies to operate nonstop combination service on the following routes:

Portland-Tokyo - 7 frequencies
Guam-Tokyo - 7 frequencies
Honolulu-Tokyo - 7 frequencies

On or about June 1, 2009, Delta plans to replace Northwest as the operating carriers on the above-named routes. This will better enable the two carriers to align capacity with demand. Delta will operate 221-seat Boeing 767-300ER aircraft, in lieu of the 243 seat Airbus A-330-200 aircraft currently operated by Northwest. Northwest may remain a marketing carrier on some or all of the routes by utilizing a portion of Delta’s and Northwest’s existing allocation of U.S.-Japan same-country codeshare frequencies. The change in operating carriers is tentatively scheduled for June 1; however, some of these services could be transitioned as early as the beginning of the March 28, 2009 IATA Summer Season. Delta requests that any startup or dormancy condition run from June 1, 2009.

Thanks for the info. I am sure everyone has something that they don't like about the list. Just wish my hit wasn't so big. Maybe things in the future will lessen the impact. Good luck to ya!!!!
keenster is offline  
Old 12-11-2008, 12:27 AM   #4  
Inventory survival kit ..
 
Nosmo King's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Seeking no jacket required rotations
Posts: 1,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B7ER Guy View Post
Hey Keenster, this one's for you.......


Delta filed this with the DOT today...

Delta, a designated non-incumbent carrier under the U.S.-Japan Air Transport Services Agreement, hereby applies for an allocation of frequencies to operate nonstop combination service on the following routes:

Portland-Tokyo - 7 frequencies
Guam-Tokyo - 7 frequencies
Honolulu-Tokyo - 7 frequencies

On or about June 1, 2009, Delta plans to replace Northwest as the operating carriers on the above-named routes. This will better enable the two carriers to align capacity with demand. Delta will operate 221-seat Boeing 767-300ER aircraft, in lieu of the 243 seat Airbus A-330-200 aircraft currently operated by Northwest. Northwest may remain a marketing carrier on some or all of the routes by utilizing a portion of Delta’s and Northwest’s existing allocation of U.S.-Japan same-country codeshare frequencies. The change in operating carriers is tentatively scheduled for June 1; however, some of these services could be transitioned as early as the beginning of the March 28, 2009 IATA Summer Season. Delta requests that any startup or dormancy condition run from June 1, 2009.
For the record, NW currently flies 14 frequencies a week from HNL-NRT. One A330-300 (298 seats) and one 747-400. Seasonally a third daily is added.
Nosmo King is offline  
Old 12-11-2008, 06:53 AM   #5  
Line Holder
 
PackTrip's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B767 FO
Posts: 79
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenster View Post
Thanks for the info. I am sure everyone has something that they don't like about the list. Just wish my hit wasn't so big. Maybe things in the future will lessen the impact. Good luck to ya!!!!
What kind of hit did you take, Keenster? IF you feel like it, post up Date of hire and percentage, would ya? Just curious.
PackTrip is offline  
Old 12-11-2008, 10:46 AM   #6  
Line Holder
 
NoSoupForYou's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: DAL 7ER F/O
Posts: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B7ER Guy View Post
Guam-Tokyo - 7 frequencies
Wow- never thought I'd see Tumon Bay again! Alas, I hear Barney's Beach Bar is long gone...

Soup
NoSoupForYou is offline  
Old 12-11-2008, 10:23 PM   #7  
Inventory survival kit ..
 
Nosmo King's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Seeking no jacket required rotations
Posts: 1,069
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoupForYou View Post
Wow- never thought I'd see Tumon Bay again! Alas, I hear Barney's Beach Bar is long gone...

Soup
Barney's is still there, its just not on the Beach anymore.
Nosmo King is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fedex/UPS U.S. destinations Nealman1 Cargo 7 10-26-2008 02:24 PM
ATL 7ER Reserve Maddoggin Major 4 10-09-2008 05:16 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:57 AM.