Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   1850tt looking for a job (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/108484-1850tt-looking-job.html)

Herjan 09-30-2017 07:03 PM

1850tt looking for a job

Hello!
I'm in a bit of stressfull situation where I'm starting to freak out a bit. I got 1850h tt with 600 turbine pic (c208) all my hours are skydiving ops. Only got 225 xc hours so I meet the restricted atp but the regionals seems to not call me back. My background is clean and everything so I'm just so confused! My pilot friends says my resume is solid but it might be the xc time and lack of instrument flying.

So any corporate/91/135 gigs out there? I'm on the west coast. Can move if it's a right fit.

Or anyone that can telling me to calm the f down and that everything will be fine haha!

skruts 09-30-2017 07:11 PM

Calm the f down, everything will be fine. Many opportunities on the west coast.

Put in some face time with your local 135s, browse the orange site, search on JSFirm or the like, etc. Go to the 135/91/Fractional/Corporate forums, pick some companies that sound appealing to you, go to their website, and apply. Your instrument hours and lack of XC may or may not play a factor, apply and find out.

kaputt 09-30-2017 08:00 PM

I'm actually surprised you're not getting a call from regionals. But yes, I think you will get picked up somewhere if you stay persistent.

Otterbox 09-30-2017 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Herjan (Post 2439215)
Hello!
I'm in a bit of stressfull situation where I'm starting to freak out a bit. I got 1850h tt with 600 turbine pic (c208) all my hours are skydiving ops. Only got 225 xc hours so I meet the restricted atp but the regionals seems to not call me back. My background is clean and everything so I'm just so confused! My pilot friends says my resume is solid but it might be the xc time and lack of instrument flying.

So any corporate/91/135 gigs out there? I'm on the west coast. Can move if it's a right fit.

Or anyone that can telling me to calm the f down and that everything will be fine haha!

When you say regionals haven’t called you back- have you actually applied via airline apps?

Who have you applied to and how many checkride failures do you have?

Herjan 09-30-2017 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Otterbox (Post 2439234)
When you say regionals haven’t called you back- have you actually applied via airline apps?

Who have you applied to and how many checkride failures do you have?

Yea airlineapp

I mainly focused on envoy but since past two weeks I applied to all of them

Otterbox 09-30-2017 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Herjan (Post 2439268)
Yea airlineapp

I mainly focused on envoy but since past two weeks I applied to all of them

How many checkride failures do you have?

Have you published your app and received a response confirming that the airlines have received your application? If not then for some reason they may not have received it and you should review it to make sure it’s complete and published and contact the vender if you’re having problems.

dera 09-30-2017 10:40 PM

So which restricted ATP mins you meet?

mfflyer 10-01-2017 12:06 AM

Hello!

How much Multi-Engine time do you have? I know some places require 25-50 hours.

Herjan 10-01-2017 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by mfflyer (Post 2439293)
How much Multi-Engine time do you have? I know some places require 25-50 hours.

20 but I've been told it's ok since they will send me for the atp coursebefore starting training

frmrbuffdrvr 10-01-2017 12:11 PM

Hello!

For 135 you won't be able to get an IFR captain spot with only 225 cross country. Regs require 500 XC time. Now that is airport to airport so hopefully you aren't just counting "over 50 mile" time. But I can see where sky dive flying will hold you down on that category.