Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Berry Aviation (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/108864-berry-aviation.html)

justfun 01-14-2020 10:31 AM

FO mins and compensation

Was wondering what the actual mins are for a new hire FO. My son lives in one of the base currently so that wouldn't be an issue per say. He is approaching 700 hours and is a CFII.

From what I heard the first year pay is between $50-70/yr.

Thanks for the info.

Pilot P 05-20-2020 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by justfun (Post 2956600)
Was wondering what the actual mins are for a new hire FO. My son lives in one of the base currently so that wouldn't be an issue per say. He is approaching 700 hours and is a CFII.

From what I heard the first year pay is between $50-70/yr.

Thanks for the info.

---------Bump

Flying5280 05-24-2020 10:35 PM

Pilot P justfun

If you take a look at Berry's profile, on this site under 135, you will find a pay scale chart and an explanation to the average mileage flown during 2018.

Look back at the previous replies regarding experience in the last two pages as well.

Let me know if you have any Q's.

https://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/...y_aviation_inc

arbalist1 05-29-2020 11:12 AM

Is there still a contract for Kwajalein. I remember seeing an opening there a couple years ago, but I didn't meet the requirements yet. It would be awesome if something opened up again in the future.

justfun 06-01-2020 01:06 PM

Thx for the information!

Panzon 07-29-2020 06:00 AM

It has been two years since Berry was acquired by Acorn Growth Companies. What has changed? What has been retained?

Usually PE firms start making personnel and product offering changes in Year Two: is that what you’re seeing?

KA350Driver 07-29-2020 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Panzon (Post 3101066)
It has been two years since Berry was acquired by Acorn Growth Companies. What has changed? What has been retained?

Usually PE firms start making personnel and product offering changes in Year Two: is that what you’re seeing?

I know theyre trying to break into the ISR world right now.

nowheretobefoun 02-27-2021 01:16 PM

Do not go there

Do not go to berry

i have it first hand from a friend that they have taken a dive

they steal your paid time off
they force you to sleep in the plane
they force you to fly without food
they punish and fire you if you get hurt on the job
there dispatch is absusive to the pilots
morale is at an all time low
they rewrite the rules with no notice or input
they are trying to run off the guys on the high end of the pay scale

4 captains have left in the last 3 months another got fired for a very minor mistake and the fos are a revolving door

used to be a great place to work but no longer is

management is taking advantage of the labor market and putting the screws to the pilots

QRH Bingo 02-27-2021 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by nowheretobefoun (Post 3200387)
Do not go to berry

i have it first hand from a friend that they have taken a dive

they steal your paid time off
they force you to sleep in the plane
they force you to fly without food
they punish and fire you if you get hurt on the job
there dispatch is absusive to the pilots
morale is at an all time low
they rewrite the rules with no notice or input
they are trying to run off the guys on the high end of the pay scale

4 captains have left in the last 3 months another got fired for a very minor mistake and the fos are a revolving door

used to be a great place to work but no longer is

management is taking advantage of the labor market and putting the screws to the pilots

So you joined today, looked back 7 months to find this old thread, to inform those on here about information a friend told you? Okay...

I do not have any knowledge about these statements, so fair enough. However, from what I have heard about those 4 Captains that have left, they went to go work for ATI - sounds like an upgrade to me.

justfun 03-04-2021 04:54 PM

Sounds like sour grapes to me.