Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Pay to Fly Programs (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/115452-pay-fly-programs.html)

da42pilot 07-31-2018 09:56 AM

Pay to Fly Programs

A friend of mine, who lives overseas, is asking me about such programs so that he could build some time.

Are there such programs still available in the USA, or have they fallen victim to the pilot shortage? Please list any you may know of. Thanks!!

Edit: any such programs overseas? I don’t think he’s limited to the USA.

Busdriver91 07-31-2018 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by da42pilot (Post 2646011)
A friend of mine, who lives overseas, is asking me about such programs so that he could build some time.

Are there such programs still available in the USA, or have they fallen victim to the pilot shortage? Please list any you may know of. Thanks!!

Fallen victim to the pilot shortage? I can’t believe that anyone would entertain this idea today. Do us all a favor and have your friend get an old fashioned flying job where he gets a good wage. If he isn’t limited to anywhere geographically, this should open up a lot of choices. Please don’t bring our industry back down to this ultimately low.
If you truly want to pay to fly then look into sharing ownership of an airplane.

CCpounder 07-31-2018 10:13 AM

Pay to fly is a cancer.

da42pilot 07-31-2018 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Busdriver91 (Post 2646021)
Fallen victim to the pilot shortage? I can’t believe that anyone would entertain this idea today. Do us all a favor and have your friend get an old fashioned flying job where he gets a good wage. If he isn’t limited to anywhere geographically, this should open up a lot of choices. Please don’t bring our industry back down to this ultimately low.
If you truly want to pay to fly then look into sharing ownership of an airplane.

He is from a small country with very limited flying opportunities. There are airlines, but he doesn’t have the hours.

100LL 07-31-2018 10:23 AM

If looking to pay to fly, then he must have lots of money around....the only real pay for flying that anyone will respect is if you go to a flight school and just rent out planes and fly all week. You'll earn your hours in no time then you can join the airlines with hundreds of hours of touch and goes.:rolleyes:

JMO127 07-31-2018 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by CCpounder (Post 2646024)
Pay to fly is a cancer.

This x1000

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

da42pilot 07-31-2018 05:19 PM

I never liked them either.... but are there any left? I’ve got someone in a situation who could actually really benefit from this.

bamike 07-31-2018 05:20 PM

Skywest is offering 15k tuition reimbursement if you do this pay to fly through their vendor and then join Skywest. Other pay to fly arrangements are also available through Eagle Jet, mostly for EASA guys in Europe because they have a hard time building ME time.
Eagle Jet International, Inc.

Smooth at FL450 08-01-2018 06:40 AM

Are there such programs still available in the USA, or have they fallen victim to the pilot shortage?

This perspective shows a complete lack of understanding of basic economic principles.

da42pilot 08-01-2018 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Smooth at FL450 (Post 2646524)
This perspective shows a complete lack of understanding of basic economic principles.

What perspective? I posted a question, not a perspective.