Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

World Wide Jet Charter thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2023, 09:11 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: BE20/LR-JET Right Seat
Default World Wide Jet Charter thoughts?

Whats up fellow pilots?

I am talking to Worldwide Jet about a possible position. I currently have a decent gig right now flying some good metal. However the pay is a 50% increase as to what I am making now. Anyone on here work with them or have any information? QOL? etc?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-18-2023, 07:36 PM
Transpac redeye

Joined APC: Jun 2010
Position: A330-200

I do not have firsthand knowledge, but I have spoken to a friend of mine who retired from the Legacy carrier where I flew with him. He's been at Worldwide a little less than two years, as a captain on an older Challenger 601. He likes it, and he referred me to their CP (I'm retiring in a few months). For what it's worth, my friend indicated that he is happy there, that the Worldwide people have been decent and honorable, and that it is a reasonably well run operation. I spent an hour talking to the CP, who seemed like a good guy who seems to have not gotten the industry common CP disease (where you forget where you came from). As of 6 weeks ago, he told me that the only hiring was for their Hawkers, but possible hiring for GIV and Challenger acquisition in the future. he encouraged me to call back in a couple months. Hope this helps
Old 07-27-2023, 05:39 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

A guy in my GIV class was working there. Unpaid during training—pay starts with indoc and he hadn’t attended indoc. He seems happy now. He’s retired AF and Delta. He was hired as SIC and no idea when he can upgrade.
Old 07-27-2023, 11:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by AA717driver View Post
A guy in my GIV class was working there. Unpaid during training—pay starts with indoc and he hadn’t attended indoc. He seems happy now. He’s retired AF and Delta. He was hired as SIC and no idea when he can upgrade.

Stay away. Captain salary numbers are a carrot hanging on a pole. They have 91 only and relief captains who still get FO pay. They will drag on your upgrade and hire who they want off the street if they want. There is no progression to the left seat as its cheaper to keep you on the right seat stuck to a training contract.

They'll also try to hire you as a captain and pay you FO money if you dont have Wyvern Wingman or flight leader mins.

Lots of flying on your days off as volun-told flying at a low day rate. Typically during your rotation you fly, do min rest, and fly all day again. Long duty days are not unheard of… vny-teb-vny or vny-opf-teb through the night…. Also you get trips with rolling departures of 6 hours so you show up at say 2am for a departure anytime between 3am to 8am… and the client shows at 10am….

Crews are generally good, some really old crusty types and some folks with checkered pasts but mostly nice people. FAs are generally all brand new to aviation.

Your unpaid/not considered an employee until your typed and indoc is done. 24 month training contract at double the value of the type cost is the norm there.

The CP has changed in the recent year, probably better. The issues really all come from the owner who is an older gent who was a pilot.
Old 07-27-2023, 04:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by Natca View Post
Stay away. Captain salary numbers are a carrot hanging on a pole. They have 91 only and relief captains who still get FO pay. They will drag on your upgrade and hire who they want off the street if they want. There is no progression to the left seat as its cheaper to keep you on the right seat stuck to a training contract.

They'll also try to hire you as a captain and pay you FO money if you dont have Wyvern Wingman or flight leader mins.

Lots of flying on your days off as volun-told flying at a low day rate. Typically during your rotation you fly, do min rest, and fly all day again. Long duty days are not unheard of… vny-teb-vny or vny-opf-teb through the night…. Also you get trips with rolling departures of 6 hours so you show up at say 2am for a departure anytime between 3am to 8am… and the client shows at 10am….

Crews are generally good, some really old crusty types and some folks with checkered pasts but mostly nice people. FAs are generally all brand new to aviation.

Your unpaid/not considered an employee until your typed and indoc is done. 24 month training contract at double the value of the type cost is the norm there.

The CP has changed in the recent year, probably better. The issues really all come from the owner who is an older gent who was a pilot.
Yikes. I am really happy where I am. No desire to switch (I took a swing at 135 already…). Hope it works out for my friend.