Volato starting Fractional Service-HondaJet
Old 06-12-2023, 04:22 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2017
Position: CL 604/605 Contract
Default Job offer but no training date

Originally Posted by got2fly View Post
Anyone here work for Volato?
I received a tentative offer but no training date about three weeks ago - not sure, but I believe there is a backup at the Simulator facility, I was told that it is kind of up in the air when I will got to training for the Honda Jet - I understand there may be a few Jet It Pilots transitioning over to Volato, so that may further delay the process. I anyone has any other information, I'm in interested to know about the latest myself.
Old 06-12-2023, 05:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by dfrenchbk View Post
I received a tentative offer but no training date about three weeks ago - not sure, but I believe there is a backup at the Simulator facility, I was told that it is kind of up in the air when I will got to training for the Honda Jet - I understand there may be a few Jet It Pilots transitioning over to Volato, so that may further delay the process. I anyone has any other information, I'm in interested to know about the latest myself.
What was your background? I applied a few weeks ago with an internal rec but haven't heard anything.
Old 06-15-2023, 07:02 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2017
Position: CL 604/605 Contract

Originally Posted by cfii2007 View Post
What was your background? I applied a few weeks ago with an internal rec but haven't heard anything.
Currently Challenger 604 Instructor at FlightSafety, Typed in the Challenger 300, worked at Flexjet for a bit, other than that military, government, air ambulance - about 7700 hours
Old 06-21-2023, 07:46 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2023
Default Bait and switch

Originally Posted by dfrenchbk View Post
I was to show up on a Monday to begin indoc and was promised to be sent to flightsafety right after. My future classmates and I received an email just the Thursday prior to indoc (mid March), saying we were not going to school, but instead just become right seat warmers until a further date. Since the guy who offered me the job was the CP, I called him up the next day and he confirmed the email, thereby going back on the training agreement. I resigned immediately, too many red flags for me at that point.

What this meant: the year-long training agreement would not start until they sent me to school, the CP couldn't tell me when that would be (he mentioned *maybe* September/October). Could not log flight time in the jet, especially as SIC, since the company still had OpSpecs A015, and I just plain didn't trust them at that point. Not a good way to start your new employees.
Old 07-14-2023, 04:03 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2014
Default No comms, empty promises, no offers

I am a former Air Force pilot with 5000+ multi engine turbine and turboprop time CFII MEI ATP. Well qualified for major airlines. I interviewed in April and was informed that I would definitely receive an official offer in June and start training in July. Volato completely ignored me after the interview. When I bugged them enough to warrant a reply I was told the recruitment team was very excited to get me on board but they had no open positions. Yet they are still taking applications and conducting interviews. June comes with no offer and no communications. It seems they simply wish to keep potential pilot hires on the hook for 5 or more months until their training pipeline allows and it is convenient for them. Apply if you want but don't expect an official offer anytime soon or even updates. They will ignore you and lead you on as long as they can.
Old 07-23-2023, 08:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2016
Position: E175 FO

Originally Posted by flynhooligan View Post
I was to show up on a Monday to begin indoc and was promised to be sent to flightsafety right after. My future classmates and I received an email just the Thursday prior to indoc (mid March), saying we were not going to school, but instead just become right seat warmers until a further date. Since the guy who offered me the job was the CP, I called him up the next day and he confirmed the email, thereby going back on the training agreement. I resigned immediately, too many red flags for me at that point.

What this meant: the year-long training agreement would not start until they sent me to school, the CP couldn't tell me when that would be (he mentioned *maybe* September/October). Could not log flight time in the jet, especially as SIC, since the company still had OpSpecs A015, and I just plain didn't trust them at that point. Not a good way to start your new employees.
Interesting as I am the CP for Volato, and I would have remembered having that conversation, especially telling SICs they cannot log flight time (because that’s inherently false). We are an Eligible On Demand Operator, which requires you to have two fully qualified crew members (hence, required by regulation and thus logged time).

We have A015 for the single pilot repositions/Mx shakedowns, but all passenger flights and 99 percent of our repositions are two pilot operations.
Old 07-25-2023, 07:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by WingedCelt View Post
Interesting as I am the CP for Volato, and I would have remembered having that conversation, especially telling SICs they cannot log flight time (because that’s inherently false). We are an Eligible On Demand Operator, which requires you to have two fully qualified crew members (hence, required by regulation and thus logged time).

We have A015 for the single pilot repositions/Mx shakedowns, but all passenger flights and 99 percent of our repositions are two pilot operations.
If you use A015 and the AP works, the SIC isn’t require and can’t log the time. There’s multiple FAA letters of interpretation on this.
Old 07-27-2023, 01:03 AM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by JulesWinfield View Post
If you use A015 and the AP works, the SIC isn’t require and can’t log the time. There’s multiple FAA letters of interpretation on this.
You also need a 135.297(g) checkout for the PIC.