Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

per diem and others

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 10:00 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: ATP, CFII, MEI, Chief Flight Instructor, Charter Captain CE402, CE421, BE58
Default per diem and others

I'm currently flying for a freight outfit and they give us 15.00 a day which is pretty low compared to all the people I've talked to. Any input on that would be great.

Also, I just started a run that is out of town and I'm commuting to where the airplane is based at the start of the week and then home at the end of the week. It's 6 1/2 hours each way...which comes to 52 hours a month and they don't want to compensate me for it. I know it's just temporary, but, time is money. Any input on people being paid mileage in a situation like this.

They give us .30 a mile if we drive our own car...but, they don't want us to do that. They want us to drive a company car and not pay us anything.

I think it's complete bull.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:37 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: BE-20, RA390

I have heard of $15/day for short trips and $30/day for longer trips and or overnights.

As far as the driving deal, it would be nice to get compensated for that. I would gladly drive the company car because .30/mile is not adequate to cover vehicle expenses in many places. Even if it covers your expenses, you are still not gaining anyting. You are also putting wear on your car.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:10 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Lear 35

Originally Posted by papatango269 View Post
I'm currently flying for a freight outfit and they give us 15.00 a day which is pretty low compared to all the people I've talked to. Any input on that would be great.

Also, I just started a run that is out of town and I'm commuting to where the airplane is based at the start of the week and then home at the end of the week. It's 6 1/2 hours each way...which comes to 52 hours a month and they don't want to compensate me for it. I know it's just temporary, but, time is money. Any input on people being paid mileage in a situation like this.

They give us .30 a mile if we drive our own car...but, they don't want us to do that. They want us to drive a company car and not pay us anything.

I think it's complete bull.
The place I work pays $36 per diem, standard mileage rates (whatever that is, but I'm pretty sure it's more than $0.30/mile) if you drive your own vehicle... rental car if you don't... and if you travel on days outside your normally scheduled run you get $40/day in travel pay as well.

I don't know what your situation is there, but it really sounds like they are milking you guys for whatever they can to cut THEIR expenses.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: 320 right side

Welcome to the corprate america! If they can find someone to drive for .30 then why not...I agree to use the company car. We get $8.00 for breakfast, $12 for lunch and $32 for dinner. Try eating for 8 bucks anywhere else but the waffle house Like you said, "its only temp." I wish you well
Old 05-22-2007, 06:52 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: BE9,10,20

We get $1.65 per hour ($40 for 24 hours) per diem and 0.498 dollars per mile when we travel. We have a couple of birds in other locations so it happens sometimes that we drive too.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:09 AM
Flying Farmer

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Turbo-props' and John Deere's

I get no per diem, and get no driving expenses because all our aircraft are at our main base. On the other hand, we are paid a very nice salary(plus all the pro's and con's of being on Salary). We have contract guys' that do get hourly flight and standby rates also.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:32 AM
Chief Jeppesen Updater

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Executive Transport Driver

I'm paid the standard rate for mileage when using a personal vehicle on company travel (although I rarely do that- I'll take a fleet vehicle instead since if there's an accident then the company pays the deductible).

Per diem is via corporate expense account. We budget our annual food allowances on about $50/duty day per pilot across the course of the year. Some days we go over the average, others we're well under.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2006

My company pays 40 per day and mileage if you drive. Most of the time the drive is to catch an airline flight to the plane. With that being said they will pay the parking instead of mileage to the airport.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: A-320

When I worked 135/91 I was getting I think .33 per mile. And per diem was 75/day domestic and 100/day international.

Your getting taken advantage of.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Captain

I get $1.50/ hr, but ONLY when I'm over nighting and that's just the time from when I go off duty till I take off the next day. It gets me alittle ticked sometimes, like today when I drop off away from base and they say, why don't you hang out for a while and get something to eat. I feel like saying yeah? Are you buying becuase I've got food at home in my fridge. Oh well at least I get paid well aside from the perdiam.