Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Be400a/xp

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 08:50 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2018

I saw this thread (even if it is a little old) and a got a good laugh. I have flown these and one retired US Air CA I flew with hated them because of the spoilerons. The differences are relatively minor. The A has 6 windows vs 5 for the XP (that is how I recognize them on the ramp). The engine nacelles on the XP also have doors on the side that pop open with a check engine oil light. You just press the button and if the light turns green it saves you from getting a ladder...lol
Old 11-17-2020, 08:54 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2018

The XP also has 200 lbs more MTOW (16,300 lbs) and I think an owner can get a "kit" from the manufacturer on the A model to get the same results. From what I remember in training I think it is essentially a $18.5K piece of paper saying you can operated a higher weight limits--no actual airframe mods
Old 01-23-2021, 04:24 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Default BE400xti Pressurization issues

Quick question. I had been flying the Nextan for almost a year. No discomfort in my ears or pax ears at all. Then they hired a new Captain and problems started. He blames the “bumps” on the pressurization system. I do not know if it is him creating the problem or is a valve issue. Any help will be appreciated
Old 01-23-2021, 06:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Speed tape and prayers

Weird that you say that. Our Nextants have been doing the same thing recently too.
Old 01-23-2021, 09:04 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Flying an xp. If i make a cabin change I'll turn the rate controller down to zero then creep it up to 500fpm. Anything else i get spikes.
Old 01-28-2021, 05:16 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: BE40 Left

Originally Posted by Condor73 View Post
Quick question. I had been flying the Nextan for almost a year. No discomfort in my ears or pax ears at all. Then they hired a new Captain and problems started. He blames the “bumps” on the pressurization system. I do not know if it is him creating the problem or is a valve issue. Any help will be appreciated
Sorry think I replied to the wrong comment on the other thread, ask if the guy is getting a L or R bleed air source fail and running the checklist, as it'll have you swap from both norm to L or R (depending on which one is showing failed) if the source fail remains lit.

We were having it specifically with the R bleed air source fail in a plane, but usually the light would extinguish before you got the checklist out and did it, usually no more than 5 seconds or so. It seemed to be some kind of indication issue. Good luck, the nextants seem to be more quirky than the old As and XPs maintenance wise.
Old 01-28-2021, 05:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Speed tape and prayers

Originally Posted by Justabeechjet View Post
Sorry think I replied to the wrong comment on the other thread, ask if the guy is getting a L or R bleed air source fail and running the checklist, as it'll have you swap from both norm to L or R (depending on which one is showing failed) if the source fail remains lit.

We were having it specifically with the R bleed air source fail in a plane, but usually the light would extinguish before you got the checklist out and did it, usually no more than 5 seconds or so. It seemed to be some kind of indication issue. Good luck, the nextants seem to be more quirky than the old As and XPs maintenance wise.
In training they have been telling us that all Nextants have been experiencing the momentary bleed source fail light either L or R. They are telling is as long as it goes out in about 15 seconds it's a nuisance light.
Old 02-03-2021, 10:06 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: BE40 Left

Originally Posted by Wildflyin View Post
In training they have been telling us that all Nextants have been experiencing the momentary bleed source fail light either L or R. They are telling is as long as it goes out in about 15 seconds it's a nuisance light.
Agree, I probably should have specified that by running the checklist (i.e. not treating it as a nuisance) for the nuisance cautions, may be giving the bumps that are specific to the one pilot in the scenario.
Old 02-05-2021, 12:42 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Default Nextant 400 xti pressurization issues

Thank you guys I appreciate all comments. The Captain in question ended up quitting. I think he got overwhelmed.