Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   ABJets (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/136259-abjets.html)

thefauxfox 01-07-2022 08:31 AM

ABJets

Anybody have any information on QOL or pay specifics at ABJets? Looks like a pretty good gig considering the FO minimums and the Lear 60's they operate.

JTwift 01-07-2022 03:45 PM

Read the fine print. I think it’s a year or two or you pay back the initial training cost. And there’s a non-compete for companies that operate within 500 (?) miles of Memphis, if I remember correctly (I didn’t fly for them, but knew many who did).

better options out there

thefauxfox 01-09-2022 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by JTwift (Post 3348585)
Read the fine print. I think it’s a year or two or you pay back the initial training cost. And there’s a non-compete for companies that operate within 500 (?) miles of Memphis, if I remember correctly (I didn’t fly for them, but knew many who did).

better options out there

figured it’d be 12mo of Training cost :/

non-compete sucks. I guess they must not fly pilots a whole lot if that’s there.

Thanks for the help!

JTwift 01-09-2022 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by thefauxfox (Post 3349317)
figured it’d be 12mo of Training cost :/

non-compete sucks. I guess they must not fly pilots a whole lot if that’s there.

Thanks for the help!

on the contrary. You’re going to get worked hard. But there’s that non compete hovering over you.

thefauxfox 01-09-2022 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by JTwift (Post 3349368)
on the contrary. You’re going to get worked hard. But there’s that non compete hovering over you.

Not sure how my brain worked itself into that pretzel hah. Makes sense. They invest the $ and are gonna fly the hell out of the investment to return the most.

Preciate the info. I always love how students think their CFIs know everything and then I turn around to the guys and gals in the industry and am immediately schooled. Thanks again :)

JTwift 01-15-2022 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by thefauxfox (Post 3349648)
Not sure how my brain worked itself into that pretzel hah. Makes sense. They invest the $ and are gonna fly the hell out of the investment to return the most.

Preciate the info. I always love how students think their CFIs know everything and then I turn around to the guys and gals in the industry and am immediately schooled. Thanks again :)

Oh, I just remembered something. They not only have a training bond for initial type ratings, but they also tack on every time you go to recurrent. I can kind of understand for an initial, but recurrent is just cost of business.

Earthboundmsfit 04-26-2022 04:50 PM

Not in this market!

Why on God's Green Earth would ANYONE sign a training contract in what is the absolute best pilot market in decades?

And possibly for recurrent too? Are these people smoking crack agreeing to that?

WHY??

Even the bottom feeder regional airlines like Gojet and Mesa don't make pilots sign training agreements.