Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Contour schedules.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2022, 04:04 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: Retired SWA /NOPD. on the sofa looking and bored
Default Contour schedules.

I have a few questions if someone who works for Contour could spare a minute. #1 If you are already typed in the E-145 is there still a training contract. #2 the airline profile says home basing for Captains with restrictions, what are they. #3 what are the schedules like are they 3 and 4 day trips or are they day trips (sucks for commuters). #4 How many days off are there in a month. Thanks in advance
Old 06-27-2022, 04:32 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Home based schedule is 8 on/6 off. 12 days off per month. Not aware of any restrictions (maybe locations?) but anywhere in lower 48 is probably ok. Training contract pro rates down over 12 months even for those with type.
Old 06-27-2022, 07:41 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by FlyBoy443 View Post
Home based schedule is 8 on/6 off. 12 days off per month. Not aware of any restrictions (maybe locations?) but anywhere in lower 48 is probably ok. Training contract pro rates down over 12 months even for those with type.
if you are home based and over night in your base (not the city you actually live in but, your company base) are you on your own for a hotel and how often would this happen? I知 retired (not really I just turned 65) 121 and still want to fly but, I知 trying to decide just how bad I want to fly😂😂😂.
Old 06-28-2022, 04:49 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013

I知 not sure I follow your situation. Why would you choose a different city to be based in rather than the city you live in as your home base?
Old 06-28-2022, 05:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by xcop View Post
if you are home based and over night in your base (not the city you actually live in but, your company base) are you on your own for a hotel and how often would this happen? I知 retired (not really I just turned 65) 121 and still want to fly but, I知 trying to decide just how bad I want to fly😂😂😂.
You should PM "Chase". He is ex-WN and worked for XO Jet for a while. He could give you insight into transitioning from 121 to 135/91K. Check the XO Jet threads to see his posts.

I don't know too much about Contour, but it will probably be the most airline like compared to 135/91K charter, with canned flight plans and a schedule. I would say with the small route structure Contour has you will get bored fairly quickly. If you are interested in this kind of operation you should check out JSX as well.
Old 06-28-2022, 10:06 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by FlyBoy443 View Post
I知 not sure I follow your situation. Why would you choose a different city to be based in rather than the city you live in as your home base?
I live in Metairie La. MSY. My understanding of home based is that they would airline me to say BNA to start my trip. My question is if you overnight in Nashville are you on your own for a hotel and do they build their trips as day trips or do they have you on the road for your entire time at work.
Old 06-28-2022, 10:10 AM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by Diesel8 View Post
You should PM "Chase". He is ex-WN and worked for XO Jet for a while. He could give you insight into transitioning from 121 to 135/91K. Check the XO Jet threads to see his posts.

I don't know too much about Contour, but it will probably be the most airline like compared to 135/91K charter, with canned flight plans and a schedule. I would say with the small route structure Contour has you will get bored fairly quickly. If you are interested in this kind of operation you should check out JSX as well.
Is XO 135 now? JSX isn稚 on my radar because they will put you in CASS but, they do not advertise a home base option.
Old 06-28-2022, 01:51 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2019

How much time are captains getting here?