Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   GTA Air (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/14055-gta-air.html)

milldog60 04-14-2018 05:18 PM

When I saw GTA in the title all I could think of was Grand Theft Auto!!!! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edgewoodrx 05-02-2018 09:39 AM

I fly part time for them. I know my opinion may be biased because of that but Here goes: negative stuff is very unfair in my opinion. Yes, the equipment is well used but well maintained. The airplanes receive zero time engines direct from continental and I can honestly say every airplane powerplant runs like a top. Props have to be inspected/ changed per 135 rules. iOW, the airplanes are maintained to 135 standards and run/fly very well. Radios, engine controls, flight controls—overall stuff that make the airplanes solid and comfortable to fly are correct. All airplanes except a couple of barons have gps 430/530 throughout the fleet. All bonanzas have working autopilots with wing levelers at the very least to make ifr stuff a little easier. Ben Gunderman, Tom Johnson, and Richard Funk (ceo/do/cp) are total stand up guys and will set new hires up for success. Really good, nice people and I say that with all honesty. You want a glass cockpit and shiny metal, this is not for you. You want good people and solid airplanes with the ability to log 80 hours a month of quality PIC time then come on. Feel free to PM me anytime.

LiftVector 06-10-2018 04:04 AM

PM sent ...

trent890 01-05-2019 12:01 AM

One of their Bonanza's (N75AT), gets picked up by my PiAware ADS-B receiver as a multilateration (MLAT) target on its usual run between KIAD and KFRG in the early morning hours.

Hopefully they've got a plan to either upgrade the avionics for that plane to include ADS-B Out, or they're going to have to substitute another aircraft at the beginning of 2020 when the ADS-B mandate becomes effective.

Cleared4what 02-19-2022 08:10 AM

Day in the life of a GTA Air pilot?

Greetings one and all,

I am looking for updated info and opinions regarding GTA Air. I have read through this thread, plus whatever else showed up in the search on this site.

What does a day in the life of a GTA Air pilot look like?
How often does one commute to the plane?
Are they flexible with basing locations?
How often does one overnight away from base?
They seem to have a mix of scheduled routes plus random flights to where ever, is this correct?
Are the majority of flights a scheduled route, or random based on needs?
Do they have part time pilots?
Do they use GAMI injectors on their motors? No, I am not affiliated/trying to sell, just curious.

Thanks to all who reply, I'm sure I'll think of more questions as this goes on.

Have a good day!

Cleared4what 02-21-2022 07:08 AM

Bump

filler