Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   GTA Air (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/14055-gta-air.html)

Boxdog 06-28-2007 12:51 PM

GTA Air
 
Just wondering if GTA Air was still in business? Are the owners still Doug and Bonnie? Still hangared in Addison? How many airplanes? What type of airplanes?
:confused:
Thanks

belliott 06-28-2007 02:26 PM

I would like to know as well... interested in working for them... but want the scoop on 'em first if anyone has worked for them.

rollercoaster 06-29-2007 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxdog (Post 186701)
Just wondering if GTA Air was still in business? Are the owners still Doug and Bonnie? Still hangared in Addison? How many airplanes? What type of airplanes?
:confused:
Thanks

I would guess they are still in business. They seem to post pilot openings on climbto350.com alot. I think the ad mentioned Bonanzas, Barons, and Twin Cessna 400's

belliott 06-29-2007 06:17 PM

Yeah it would seem so but just because they are posting stuff doesn't mean that they are a decent or reputable company to work for. I just want to find out if it is worth the time and effort to look into them. I would assume that if they are advertising jobs on climbto350.com that they need people in a pretty bad way... that being said there has to be people on here who have or do work for them.... chime in please!

Ewfflyer 06-30-2007 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belliott (Post 187546)
I would assume that if they are advertising jobs on climbto350.com that they need people in a pretty bad way... that being said there has to be people on here who have or do work for them.... chime in please!

About any company out there posts jobs on Climbto350, so not sure what the point is there. Since that is a southern company I can't tell you much specifically about them, I know most of the companies here in the midwest. Pretty much all of us are the same but different. You will fly a lot of hours, you will fly in adverse weather, you will have some of the best experience out there, you might not have the best equipment, but that doesn't mean it isn't capable.

mjb00123 07-07-2007 02:34 PM

I work for them
 
Hey folks,
I've been with them for about two weeks now and I have learned so much in two weeks then all of my years of training. Before I got hired with them I did my research on the net and heard alot of negative things. But to be honest I have not seen any of the negative things that I have heard about, maybe because of the pilot shortage! In fact their first year pay has gone up to about 24K a yr. Bottom line is that it's 135 flying and I am very happy with them so far. My advise to anyone looking at GTA for a job is to remember that everyone has there own opinion and sometimes you have to be a MAN and find out the real deal for yourself!!! Good Luck!

belliott 07-07-2007 03:30 PM

Are they still not paying their VFR 135 guys? I hear they don't pay them because its a "privilege" just to be able to gain experience through them. I am not impressed by this.... has it changed or am I correct?

jetcaptain 07-10-2007 03:50 PM

I think the PAY FOR THE PRIVLAGE still remains. Not good!

mdt301 07-15-2007 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjb00123 (Post 191722)
Hey folks,
I've been with them for about two weeks now and I have learned so much in two weeks then all of my years of training. Before I got hired with them I did my research on the net and heard alot of negative things. But to be honest I have not seen any of the negative things that I have heard about, maybe because of the pilot shortage! In fact their first year pay has gone up to about 24K a yr. Bottom line is that it's 135 flying and I am very happy with them so far. My advise to anyone looking at GTA for a job is to remember that everyone has there own opinion and sometimes you have to be a MAN and find out the real deal for yourself!!! Good Luck!

This guy drank too much kool-aid at the party last night!!haha You keep the faith my friend. I worked there too. Just wait until they start asking you to fly broken airplanes...

stuart716 08-09-2007 11:13 AM

does anyone have any recent info. i know they are hard up for pilots and was wondering about the types of flights and schedules.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:28 PM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands